I bought 2016 Titanium today

t0lkman

I bought 2016 Titanium + 302A package and driver assist package.

I'm already have some questions:

1) I was told I cannot install towing hitch, dealer agreed to install one but then kick to open feature will be disabled.

Do you know maybe somebody in private shops can install the hitch ? I don't need it for towing only for a bike rack.

2) the car comes with vista roof, so looks like there is no option for roof rails, right?

3) Also I was told if I don't buy extended warranty now, I won't be able to buy it later. Is it true?

4) How much did you pay for your first service (second?) after you bought the car?

Edited by t0lkman

I just installed a hidden hitch on a 2016 MKX and it does not block the lifgtate kick sensor at all. I can kick on either side of the hitch and it works perfectly. The hitch is not hard to install - just a bit tricky getting the bolts inside the frame rail. Cost was around $180 including shipping from e-trailer.com. I also use it for a bike rack so did not need the wiring.

You can buy an extended warranty any time during the 3 yr/36K mile warranty but the cost goes up about $100 after the first 12 months.

I think there are options for roof racks even with the vista roof - do a forum search.

My MKX has the factory side rails and I assume I could add crossbars if I wanted but not 100% sure.

With Ford ESPs (the only kind to consider) you have up until the bumper to bumper warranty expires to purchase the ESP. After 12 months the price goes up $100.

The time and mileage are inclusive of the factory warranty. So a 7 yr, 100K mile ESP only buys you 4 yrs and 64K miles of additional bumper to bumper coverage (within the limits of the ESP covered parts) and only an additional 2 yrs, 40K miles on the powertrain warranty.

thanks for help!

how about this question:

I've just noticed there is no any indication on what position stays the shift gear stick, only the dashboard shows, so why do they did marks P,N,D etc near the stick?

Also,

1) I couldn't find sdcard and auxiliary port which I've seen in ford edge 2015 titanium!

2) "Lane keep assist" feature supposed to alert me but it just show red line on the screen without any sound notification, is it how it works?

Edited by t0lkman

more question today :)

1) Door Lock Switch Inhibitor , when I need to actually disable it? It looks like just delays the door locking for the second time right?

2) What is the "system" checkbox under the "remote start" menu item?

3) Also I was not able to find what is "Courtesy wipe" in the documentation

1) Door Lock Switch Inhibitor , when I need to actually disable it? It looks like just delays the door locking for the second time right?

I don't have a 2015/2016, but I'd say this disables the "Lock/Unlock" button from being operational when vehicle is locked. I think this would be useful to prevent the doors from being opened if a window is left open or was broken. To prevent an intruder from opening the door by pressing the unlock button from inside the car while it is locked. Edited by omar302

Congratulations on your buy t0lkman. We might be the only 2 with that taste in the bay area given how rare Titanium's are with 302A + drivers package here :-)

Did you buy from Capitol Ford ?

Yes, from them. And you? How much did you pay?

btw I noticed today another flaw, on high speed I feel wind from the driver window also not only feel I hear it.

There's a whole range of products and processes you can use, depending on how into it you are. Wash & wax at a bare minimum, use only brushless car washes if you do use a car wash. Or go to a detailer, have them claybar/polish/protect your ride (should last a couple of years with basic maintenance). Or anything in between.

Here's a thread on detailing, if you are interested:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/5535-ask-a-professional-detailer/

Here are a couple of threads on how people DIY'd:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11359-getting-the-sport-ready-for-winter/

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12336-confessions-observations-from-a-virgin-machine-detailer-huh/

• Like 1

I don't have a 2015/2016, but I'd say this disables the "Lock/Unlock" button from being operational when vehicle is locked. I think this would be useful to prevent the doors from being opened if a window is left open or was broken. To prevent an intruder from opening the door by pressing the unlock button from inside the car while it is locked.

I just picked up my '16 and was going through the owner's manual and had the same question.

omar302 is correct.

from p58:

"When you electronically lock your vehicle, the power door lock switch no longer operates after 20 seconds. You must unlock your vehicle with the remote control or keyless keypad, or switch the ignition on, to restore function to these switches. You can switch this feature on or off in the information display."

• Like 2