What phone holder did you buy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a spigen magnetic mount. It has a rubber cross on the back just slides into a vent. Comes with a magnet to stick to inside of your case. Works great. Has never fallen on me.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-Magnetic-Holder-Neodymium-Galaxy/dp/B0109JIQ0W

If you're referring to these, I agree with ya. I've been using them for about 4 years and they are fantastic if they work well with your vent style. There's just no quicker and easier way to mount and dismount a cellphone in a vehicle. I've purchased more then 20 from ebay and they've worked very well for myself and whoever I give them to. I just slide the thin plate between my phone and TPU case.

Edited by fishx65

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-Magnetic-Holder-Neodymium-Galaxy/dp/B0109JIQ0W

If you're referring to these, I agree with ya. I've been using them for about 4 years and they are fantastic if they work well with your vent style. There's just no quicker and easier way to mount and dismount a cellphone in a vehicle. I've purchased more then 20 from ebay and they've worked very well for myself and whoever I give them to. I just slide the thin plate between my phone and TPU case.

Yup that's the one! I actually had a case that already had a magnetic backing built in, worked great with that too.

I got them a few months back when Amazon was offering a coupon for prime members that literally made the cost $0.00. Added it to cart applied coupon total was $0 and free prime shipping too.

You do need to have the correct type of vents though. It works on my edge and worked on my f150 except I couldn't close he vent like I can on the edge in the truck.

Only thing I occasionally don't like is when u pull the pone off after a few times the magnet will come out the vent still attached to the phone.

I just get in the habit of pushing on magnet every time I pull phone off now and it's no big deal

Well I don't have an Edge yet, but I've used both the Android and now iPhone version from this company:

https://ibolt.co/all-ibolt-products

I dislike the vent clip ones for 2 reasons:

1) They block the vent, and if I'm needing to look/use the phone, it means I have to attach to the 2 vents I want blowing on me, not blocking one of them.

2) I also like to charge the phones (plus Carplay/AA requires a cable), so having the cable dangle all over the console doesn't appeal to me. With the iBolt, I can mount it and route the cable out of the way/site.

But to each his own.

Well I don't have an Edge yet, but I've used both the Android and now iPhone version from this company:

https://ibolt.co/all-ibolt-products

I dislike the vent clip ones for 2 reasons:

1) They block the vent, and if I'm needing to look/use the phone, it means I have to attach to the 2 vents I want blowing on me, not blocking one of them.

2) I also like to charge the phones (plus Carplay/AA requires a cable), so having the cable dangle all over the console doesn't appeal to me. With the iBolt, I can mount it and route the cable out of the way/site.

But to each his own.

I understand that thought for sure. With the edge I put it on left side driver vent closest to the window. If you put the mount up against the edge of vent you can still open the vent and aim it at you.

I do agree if it entirely blocks the vent it's no good. I tend to use my floor vents almost exclusively I don't like air blowing right in my face. But if I do use the dash occasionally I'll shut that one a bit because if A/C is blasting it tends to kill the battery if phone gets that cold. And heat is never good either.

The one nice thing with edge dash is it almost wraps around you can literally get the passenger side vent near their door to point in a way where you will get it directly on you as driver. Never had a car that did this

The reason I switched from suction mounts to vent magnet is because I ran into a store with phone in mount still, came outside and it had fallen off the windshield bounced on dash and dropped and hit my shifter...shattered my screen. To say I was not impressed would be an understatement. I also don't like things in my view. Even the rear mirror in this vehicle feels like it's obstructing my view sometimes.

But I thinks it's a personal preference and each type of mount has its pros and cons!

Edited by Tjm623

I understand that thought for sure. With the edge I put it on left side driver vent closest to the window. If you put the mount up against the edge of vent you can still open the vent and aim it at you.

I do agree if it entirely blocks the vent it's no good. I tend to use my floor vents almost exclusively I don't like air blowing right in my face. But if I do use the dash occasionally I'll shut that one a bit because if A/C is blasting it tends to kill the battery if phone gets that cold. And heat is never good either.

The one nice thing with edge dash is it almost wraps around you can literally get the passenger side vent near their door to point in a way where you will get it directly on you as driver. Never had a car that did this

The reason I switched from suction mounts to vent magnet is because I ran into a store with phone in mount still, came outside and it had fallen off the windshield bounced on dash and dropped and hit my shifter...shattered my screen. To say I was not impressed would be an understatement. I also don't like things in my view. Even the rear mirror in this vehicle feels like it's obstructing my view sometimes.

But I thinks it's a personal preference and each type of mount has its pros and cons!

This is definitely true. My 2 biggest beefs with the iBolt (and probably any suction mounted one):

1) Not easily mountable on the dash (either the dash is curved, so it doesn't hold well, or it's "patterned" and doesn't hold well). I have a Dashmat in my ' 05 Equinox and wanted to velcro it onto the top of it, but you can't remove the suction/stick thingy on the iBolt. They have an alternate method involving screws, but I'm not drilling holes in the dash.

2) If you mount on windshield, it blocks the view (depending on where you mount it), but with the large A pillars in vehicles nowadays, it's a factor. I'm constantly thinking there's a car there when it's the phone holder.

Although that reminds me, that i should probably take the holder with me when doing a test drive and seeing how it "fits" on the windshield and affects the view. I was hoping the vehicles would have a spot to stash your phone nicely and still see it, but alas, they seem to assume you'll stuff it into the center console and cover it up, or stick it in some little hole/cubby somewhere.

At least on the vehicles i'm looking at.

iOttie Easy One Touch 2

I got this last week and it's on sale today, so grab it!

I tried a vent mount, after reading this thread, and the vent flaps are far too loose to not flop with the weight of the phone, so I got this iOttie, which is an update of a mount I've used for a couple years.

I like that it's a sticky gel suction. It absolutely stays put until you want to remove it, and then there is no residue. This one also comes with a flat, smooth gel mat, that is just barely larger than the diameter of the mount sticky, to assure that you have a good flat surface to stick to.

I have mine on the left front of the dash pop-up storage compartment; it doesn't impede operation/use of the compartment.

I like that it puts the camera in a good position to record the road ahead, and the mount also rotates up, easily, so I can live stream while I drive. (I keep my phone horizontal for Waze, but rotate up for FB live video stream.)

Also, it doesn't block the windshield at all. a tiny center-lower portion of view is blocked, but it's a tiny, unnoticeable portion of window view.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a little older thread, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I have the little magnetic mount that is in the vent. Works great. I also bought one of those suction cup mounts and put it on the dash the first week I had the car. What a mistake. It left a huge ring. Fortunately, it is mostly gone a year and a half later.

I know this is a little older thread, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I have the little magnetic mount that is in the vent. Works great. I also bought one of those suction cup mounts and put it on the dash the first week I had the car. What a mistake. It left a huge ring. Fortunately, it is mostly gone a year and a half

I use one of these vent mounts and i love it.

Edited by gjb89

Has anyone tried a CD mount holder? I just heard about them and that would resolve the vent coverage issue. I don't use the CD player so that is a non issue. I have a 09 with the navigation system, so the CD is right near the top of the dash so I think it would put the cell phone in a good location.

https://www.amazon.com/Update-Version-Installation-Smartphone-Samsung/dp/B00VEAF6SG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8