Steering Binding?

Hi all,

Got new tires today and when I dropped off the Edge I asked if they could look into the plastic rattling noise that would occur while driving on the highway. Turned out to just be the air damn, but the dealership noticed my steering seemed off. With my permission they took a look at the power steering. They called to say it wasn't leaking, but that my rack should be replaced in the near future because my steering is binding.

What does that mean? :drop:

We just had the entire power steering system replaced last summer by a trusted mechanic. I want them to pay for the Ford dealer to replace the rack because it hasn't even been a year with the new system. Is this possible/realistic?

Side note, my new Michelin Premier LTXs are awesome and the car is a lot quieter now!

Pretty sure it was aftermarket, which is why I want the Ford dealership handeling the fix this time.

Didn't have time to get a second option because I just moved out and started a job, but I do trust the dealership. Based on my own experiences vs other dealers and online reviews.

Good news! There's a 2 year warranty on what the mechanic fixed (they have a few locations so they're an established company, but not a big corporation like Jiffy Lube). I have to call a Goodyear service center to set up an appointment, where they will take a look at everything and make any necessary fixes.

I'd still rather have VanBortle Ford make the fix, but if there's a 2 year warranty in place then I feel more at ease.

• Like 2