DRL Question able to disable?

borbuy

I have a Canadian Edge that has been imported/brought into the states by Ford and sold as CPO. There aren't many Gen 2 Edges running around my area, but it looks like they only have the bottom triangle LED on when driving. My Edge has those lights and the DRL lights on when driving. The DRL only turn off if my headlights are on or if the Edge is in park.

First, do the US Edges only have the bottom LED lights on when in drive? Anyone know if it is possible to disable/turn off the DRL?

Thanks

'15 Sport AWD

Unleashed Tuning

On my 16 it is possible to disable the DRL through the menu system. You can probably do the same.

I think the question is how to disable regular DRLs, not the LED lights. Doubtful since DRLs are required by law in Canada. Dealer should be able to do it.

Edited by akirby

I think the question is how to disable regular DRLs, not the LED lights. Doubtful since DRLs are required by law in Canada. Dealer should be able to do it.

I may have misunderstood the post - so let me try again. US Edges have the choice of having DRLs on or of disabling them through the menus.

As akirby said - because you have a Canadian CPO Edge you may need the dealer to disable them - or to enable the functionality of disabling them through the menus.

Allow me though to address all of what you asked about in your original post - the triangle LED lights - Yes - US Edges do have those and they are on 24/7 when the car is running. I'm not entirely sure if those accent lights (triangle LEDs) are on all trim levels, or only certain ones. On my Sport - they are there.

Edited by TourGuide

Thanks for all of the replies!

I just went out and checked and I don't have that option under Settings/Vehicle. I have Auto Engine Off/Easy Entry/Exit, Lighting/Locks/Oil Life Reset/Power Liftgate/Remote Start/Windows/Wipers. Under Lighting I have Auto Highbeam and Autolamp Delay.