What changes would you like to see for the 2018 Edge?

Chipster

I suspect that by now owners of 2015-17 Edge / MKX have thought about some things that they would have loved to have added or changed about their second gen vehicle. If you have some add or change to the features of your current second gen Edge / MKX let's hear them. So far my only real change would be to have the back seats lie completely flat when folded down.

Edited by Chipster

2016 MkX Reserve:

Ā 

Fold flat front passenger seat - really miss that one (had it on the 2008 Edge) when hauling long stuff.

Ā 

The front power point is very hard to find/use.

Ā 

Would like to be able to disable the front/side parking aid sensors permanently. It goes on in drive-thrus and other situations when it isn't needed.

Ā 

The turning radius could be improved.

Ā 

Wish the electronic ride control was available on FWD vehicles, but can't complain about the standard ride quality.

Ā 

All in all pretty minor things.

I would like to see the seats improved for comfort. I know this is a personal issue but the MKX has some great seats. I think the Edge seat could be improved with minimal cost.

Ā 

I would like to see turn by turn window pane on the NAV system available as a top level option, instead of digging into menus. Sometimes I just want to see how the NAV is routing me.

Ā 

Scan on the Radio would be nice to have. Makes it simple to find stations as you move down the road.

Ā 

An easy way to disable the double horn honk if you walk away from the car while it is running and all the doors are closed. I am a big boy it should be my choice if I want it or not. Especially if the car has keypad entry.

Ā 

Other than these little things I think the car is awesome.

Just don't close the door and the horn won't honk. I don't like it either but I also don't like the possibility of my wife driving off without a key and being stranded somewhere.

Or make it selectable in the settings menu! I never faced a problem that honking would at me would solve with my 2011 MKX that doesn't honk on me when closing the door without a key inside.

Just don't close the door and the horn won't honk. I don't like it either but I also don't like the possibility of my wife driving off without a key and being stranded somewhere.

Ā 

It still honks with the door open and you leave the car. Happens to me often when I get out to grab something from my garage and leave my door open.

Thus why push button start and most of this electronic crap is for the birds.

Ā 

LOL no.

Ā 

Not having to mess with a key is nice. The problem is their alert system for when you leave the car running with the key in your pocket is annoying. Do like Lexus does...two quick beeps. Not horn honks. Just two beeps.

Ā 

The way Ford has this makes everyone around think you are honking at them because of how loud.

Ā 

Just "Chirp Chirp" would be sufficient.

Or make it selectable in the settings menu! I never faced a problem that honking would at me would solve with my 2011 MKX that doesn't honk on me when closing the door without a key inside.

Ā 

The biggest reason would be if you had the only key and your spouse dropped you off somewhere and left. Without the honk the driver may not realize the key is gone and if they get to another location and shut off the engine for more than 20 seconds they're stranded.

Ā 

Also to prevent people (elderly I presume) from leaving the engine running accidentally, although there is a 30 minute engine shutoff now to prevent that.

Take the panoramic roof out of the 301A and 320A package and make stand alone item as in SEL and Sport trims. Not everyone wants a $1600 item they won't use along with those packages. While I'm wishing, the driver display like the Explorer Platinum or the UK Edge Vignale so we can have a large tach and a temp guage always on display. More eco in ecoboost. Maybe an 8, 9 or 10 speed tranny would help. (Anxious to see if 2017 F-150 with 10 speed will help mileage and performance.) 2.3l ecoboost for base engine.

• Like 1

this.

Ā 

i would have never purchased this vehicle had I known about this beforehand.

Ā 

it's beyond terrible.

this.

Ā 

i would have never purchased this vehicle had I known about this beforehand.

Ā 

it's beyond terrible.

Jason (jmr061) is a member on this forum, and was able to make a mod to disable the double honk feature on some other Ford vehicles, including the MKX. Maybe he also do it for the Edge. This is a link to specific mod on his website: http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

While I don't own an Edge yet (still a maybe, I've gotta wait until I pass probation at work in Nov.).

Ā 

Fog Lights

Cooled seats that actually work

"around" view camera (like the Kia/Hyundai)

Fold Flat front passenger seat

Proximity opener for rear hatch (like Kia/Hyundai) instead of trying to balance on one foot while you have heavy package/box in hands.

Power folding mirrors