Just finished first road trip....what a difference a vehicle makes

Ginger Smith

Just finished a 7 day 1500 mile road trip in our 2016 Titanium. We're both in our sixties and made our annual trip back home to visit family. One way is 630 miles, we used to do it in one day but as we grew older we would limit ourselves to 6 hours of road time. But this time we both felt we could've done the entire trip in one day. This was the first car we've had where we it didn't take a few minutes to get our legs when stopping for a rest after a couple of hours. We have the heated and cooled perforated seats. Actually the seat comfort for us is what sold us on the Edge. Having a 10 way adjustable passenger seat the same as the driver seat sealed the deal. We drove a Murano and Volvo XC60, both were comfortable but didn't have the option of a passenger seat the same as the drivers seat. We looked at a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport but didn't even drive it after sitting in the seats.

I've read others on here complain about the seat comfort, but for us we both find them the right fit for us. The Edge almost drives itself, (the lane keep assist is nice on the interstates), and the quiet cabin and smooth ride is less fatiguing than the 2004 Mercury Monterey Van it replaced.

So far no regrets in choosing an Edge, though I do need to get it to the dealer to get the fix for the cooled seats done. The seat backs do not cool like they should. If we had to do it over we'd get the same vehicle with the drivers package if we could fine one but from a different dealer. Our purchase experience was a disaster, (Stivers Ford in Montgomery, AL), but that's another story.

The adaptive cruise would be nice to have.

• Like 1

I got the drivers package in mine as I have Adaptive cruse control in two other cars. I feel your pain I traded in a 2015 Escape Ti with 6700 miles because the seats were terrible for us. Our trips are about 1800 miles and very painful with the Escape. Very poor buying decision.