Failures after A7 Map Update

I purchased the A7 update that was offered by Ford for my 2012 Edge. Since adding the new card and updating MyFord Touch to the newest update my backup camera is working about 25% of the time but with no lines along with the A7 card no longer being detected. This all worked for about 2 weeks and they died on me after a long road trip of 6,500 miles.

I have done the master reset and verified that I have the newest Sync update. Has anyone else had these issues?

I have done the master reset with it in park and not running. What is the recommended way to do the reset?

I do understand that when the lines are gone it means I have to go to the dealership to have them re-program but the problem I have is that the backup camera is not consistent in when it comes on and when it does not. Some times I receive the message that it cannot connect and to see the dealership, other times it will show up for part of the backup then disconnect and tell me to see the dealer, and yet other times it will run great during my entire backup.

What is consistent is that the A7 card will not read now yet it worked for 6,500 miles worth of use on a 13 state trip I took.

What is consistent is that the A7 card will not read now yet it worked for 6,500 miles worth of use on a 13 state trip I took.

I had the same problem with my A7 card failing after a couple of months. Some emails back and forth with HERE customer service got me an RMA. I received my replacement last week (too late for my trip) and put it in yesterday.

I had the same problem with my A7 card failing after a couple of months. Some emails back and forth with HERE customer service got me an RMA. I received my replacement last week (too late for my trip) and put it in yesterday.

Put the new card in on Monday. Last night it started giving me nav failure messages while I was driving home. This morning it froze the entire My Ford Touch system for a couple of minutes. When it finally came back, navigation didn't work.

I know the card reader is fine because my A4 card worked while I was waiting the two weeks for my replacement to show up.

I'll try a master reset (again) this weekend, but after my last A7 card experience, I'm not holding out much hope for it. If that doesn't work,. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't want to have to keep paying even MORE money to get replacements and keep trying them until I get one that works.

When I started the car on Saturday morning, I got a black screen that then went to the "Performing System Maintenance" screen. I still did the master reset later that day and had no problems with the maps. Until this morning. I again had navigation faults displaying on dashboard screen and a slow map display (not repainting, unresponsive to touch) multiple times today. The only difference was that I was streaming bluetooth music and podcasts today instead of using the radio. When it has problems, it also won't respond to steering wheel controls to control forward or reverse, but those work immediately on the phone.

My thoughts are that the bluetooth streaming with the map display is overloading the system. Is this a symptom of an APIM starting to fail?

take a short vid on your phone of the issue- contact dealer & call 800# and get a regional rep to open a case file. Don't mess around any more & request that the apim be replaced while still under that special extended warranty for that specific part. Been many posts in the specific TB or code that Ford issued in subject.

I have done the master reset with it in park and not running. What is the recommended way to do the reset?

I do understand that when the lines are gone it means I have to go to the dealership to have them re-program but the problem I have is that the backup camera is not consistent in when it comes on and when it does not. Some times I receive the message that it cannot connect and to see the dealership, other times it will show up for part of the backup then disconnect and tell me to see the dealer, and yet other times it will run great during my entire backup.

When I started the car on Saturday morning, I got a black screen that then went to the "Performing System Maintenance" screen. I still did the master reset later that day and had no problems with the maps. Until this morning. I again had navigation faults displaying on dashboard screen and a slow map display (not repainting, unresponsive to touch) multiple times today. The only difference was that I was streaming bluetooth music and podcasts today instead of using the radio. When it has problems, it also won't respond to steering wheel controls to control forward or reverse, but those work immediately on the phone.

My thoughts are that the bluetooth streaming with the map display is overloading the system. Is this a symptom of an APIM starting to fail?

Hey MtnExplorer719 and bce,

Please perform the master reset with the engine on and the vehicle parked. If you still have issues, send your VIN in a private message for me.

Joy

Hey MtnExplorer719 and bce,

Please perform the master reset with the engine on and the vehicle parked. If you still have issues, send your VIN in a private message for me.

Joy

I would, but for some reason I can't send PMs.

No worries, MtnExplorer719!

Can you tell me your SYNC software version:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Joy

Hoping you meant me and not MtnExplorer719.

I logged in and it shows that my last update was October 5, 2015 and that I am up to date.

The system shows the following information;

CPU S/W version 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Nav version 4.66.5

Map database version A7

It acted up again this weekend when I was not streaming bluetooth from my phone but was listening to the radio.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I am having similar problem. I bought used 2012 Ford Edge. It had A7 Nav card and worked for about 3 months. Then I got a fault message on card, so I bought a new A7 card. That new card lasted about 2 weeks and got same fault message. I have rebooted and reset system many times. I have the latest version software. Is it the A7 card or is there a recall or issue I do not know about? any help would be greatly appreciated!