Bad Brake Booster

My brakes went out suddenly on my 2013 Ford Edge (almost crashed) as was told it was brake booster failure. I saw the Customer Satisfaction Program 13N02, but I was told that my vehicle wasn't covered under this because it was not built at the Oakville Assembly Plant. If Ford knows that they have a faulty/defective part installed on their vehicles, why wasn't there a recall on them. This is a road and consumer safety hazard and could cause property damage, injury or death. The customer service area at Ford told me there was nothing I could do about this and could not talk to anyone else about it. I'm not satisfied with this answer and was wondering if anyone can provide direction on who I can contact regarding this.

Don't know which d***a*** you talked to, but obviously they are BS'ing you. Every Edge built so far has been built at the Oakville, ON plant, period, full stop. Just to show Ford's continuing plans:

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/02/25/ford-edge-production-oakville-adding-jobs/24023011/

"Ford has invested $565 million and today will confirm it is adding another 400 jobs on top of the 1,000 previously announced at its plant in Oakville, Ontario to make the new 2015 Ford Edge."

2015 Ford Edge starts production; adds more plant jobs.pdf

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 2

WWWPerfA_ZN0W Thanks. My car was built in May 2013 and the 13N02 recall was for cars built May 3, 2010 - March 28, 2013. I've filed a complaint with the NHTSA as it seems that is the only way to get a recall on a defective part. I encourage others to file a complaint as well who have had this problem. 13N02 allows for a refund if you have already repaired the brake booster and hopefully this can be the same if this is widened to cover vehicles outside of the build dates included in the recall. Below is the link to NHTSA. I'll have to start a twitter/facebook campaign about this. :(https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

I would definitely pursue the matter with another dealer, and/or contact @FordService on Twitter directly for assistance. Warranty work does not pay nearly as well, so some dealerships won't "fight for you". If you want to stick with the same dealer, escalate the issue up the dealership chain, i.e., service manager, general manager, owner; be persistent. Of course, being adversarial or abusive won't really help, so being "cool" is important too. Document your efforts to get the problem resolved as well, including if you get this issue take are of on your own dime down the line.

• Like 2