rear seat "easyfold" not working on one side (2016)

i've had my 2016 titanium for a little over a month now and have come across a small problem. when i press the "easyfold" button on the left rear quarter panel in the storage area to fold the seats, the left (driver) side rear seat does not go down on its own. right side works fine and i can manually fold the seat from the rear driver side door. it just doesn't work with the button.

just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so, did you find an easy solution.

my dealer offers a complimentary 90 day check-up so i will raise the issue with them then but just seeing if there's an easy fix i can do on my own.

Can you hear the motor trying to work or is it just dead? Could be switch, motor, wiring. If it's under warrantee let them worry about it You could pull the plug on the motor and test for power when the switch is used. also test for power on each side of the switch to see if power is getting through the switch. your getting power to the switch if the other side works.

Can you hear the motor trying to work or is it just dead? Could be switch, motor, wiring. If it's under warrantee let them worry about it You could pull the plug on the motor and test for power when the switch is used. also test for power on each side of the switch to see if power is getting through the switch. your getting power to the switch if the other side works.

In my case - I can hear the motor trying to actuate the seat - but it isn't moving the left side.

i can hear the motor and i can hear the latch disengage. the seat moves a tiny bit but just doesn't pop forward. my '09 worked perfectly

Seat moves under spring pressure. Binding or broken spring.

Is the seat reclinded?

seat is not reclined. it appears as though the spring is just not strong enough to pop it forward when the latch disengages.

i'll let the dealer take care of it, if they can, but i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. interesting that TourGuide has the identical problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I would try working it back and forth a few times to see of it loosens up before taking it to the dealer.

I did try this - I worked it a few times and now it is folding - although the folding isn't prefect, it does work.

I certainly wouldn't call these seats 'fold flat' by any means.

• 7 months later...

There is actually a service bulletin the driver side rear flip down portion. If it doesn't release to a certain angle they will replace some parts in it.

wow, ford finally recognizes a problem that people are having!

does this service bulletin prescribe a remedy or does it simply acknowledge the problem? is there anywhere to see this service bulletin?