Is there a rear toe adjustment on a 2013 Edge FWD?

Is there a rear toe adjustment on a 2013 Edge FWD?

Just installed new Michelin tires, dealer did an 'free' alignment check.

Left rear toe is -0.30 degrees (spec is -0.15 to 0.25 degrees)

Right rear is at -.0.15

Total rear is -0.42 with total spec at -0.10 to 0.30

They said they 'think' then need to replace rear struts to correct the issue. I am surprised they 'think' that but I am more surprised that there is not an adjustment.

Every vehicle with an independent rear suspension should have a toe adjustment. The Edge doesn't even have rear struts. Sounds like you got what you paid for (ie nothing!).

Thanks, I was able to find the shop manual page online today. There is a toe adjustment, I guess one does get what one pays for....

And to think I took it to a Ford Quick Lane to avoid the idiots I have encountered at Belle Tire.

Yes, it does have toe adjustment. Setting the toe and camber (if adjustable) for both front and rear is what you're paying for when you get a 4 wheel alighnment. The rear has shocks, not struts, as was said above and would have nothing to do with any rear toe or camber adjustment.

Idiots work anywhere, but good mechanics can be hard to find. Lots of guys nowadays are parts changers, not mechanics.

Edited by edgesportguy
  • Like 1