Front brakes not releasing

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned and worked on several different high mileage Ford products that have had similar issues. Many have had problems with the slide pins not moving freely in the bore, even within a few months of being greased (first gen Fusion are notorious for eating rear brake pads).

My current process for a suspect wheel is to buy a re-manufactured caliper AND BRACKET ! This will also come with new pre-lubed guide/slide pins. Stick with a known quality brand (Wagner, Raybestos, AC Delco), These are reasonably priced on RockAuto.com, after you return the core.

For rotors and pad I have had excellent performance from Raybestos parts, but you have to buy the correct ones ! For rotors, stick with the Raybestos Advanced Techmology ones NOT the Professional Grade. Yes, they cost more, but don't seem to warp and the last few I have bought were either made in the US or Canada !

For pads, it is Raybestos again, but only their "Enhanced Hybrid Technology" ceramic pads. One of the reasons I like them is Raybestos sells Disc Brake Pad Drag Reduction Clips that help retract the pads !