The fastest Ford Edge in 1/4 mile

91 pump gas, full tank with spare tire and jack , 100F,  DA over 5,000. 91 Tune. Last Year first time at track.

I was trying to get to the track all winter in hopes of getting a better day with lower DA  a 93 tune and race gas on a 1/4 tank without the spare and jack. But it was a very wet winter and the track canceled the Wednesday Night Street Races. I am posting this as I am out of commission for a few months and the weather is getting hot again so there is no reason to race with a super high DA and high temps. I know the car has more in it and I have made some more mods to it. Perhaps if I get lucky and they host a street race day I will be able to race in the fall and then we will see what she is capable of. Until then here is my time slip when I raced the BMW M4.

IMG_2153.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Xtra said:

91 pump gas, full tank with spare tire and jack , 100F,  DA over 5,000. 91 Tune. Last Year first time at track.

I was trying to get to the track all winter in hopes of getting a better day with lower DA  a 93 tune and race gas on a 1/4 tank without the spare and jack. But it was a very wet winter and the track canceled the Wednesday Night Street Races. I am posting this as I am out of commission for a few months and the weather is getting hot again so there is no reason to race with a super high DA and high temps. I know the car has more in it and I have made some more mods to it. Perhaps if I get lucky and they host a street race day I will be able to race in the fall and then we will see what she is capable of. Until then here is my time slip when I raced the BMW M4.

IMG_2153.JPG

You can find the DA here -> https://airdensityonline.com/track-history/Auto_Club_Speedway/2018-09-06/

Also whats the mod list again?  Upgraded turbos? Intercooler? Exhaust?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AntDeek said:

How quick are the 3.5 NA 2WD edges?

I remember seeing somewhere that a 3.5 NA base beat a 3.7 Sport AWD.

Less rotational losses in power from the AWD system, and its lighter!

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/ford-0-60-mph-times/

According to this site they are all within .1 of each other with a 7.1-7.3 0-60 and 15.6-15.8 1/4 mile.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AntDeek said:

How quick are the 3.5 NA 2WD edges?

I remember seeing somewhere that a 3.5 NA base beat a 3.7 Sport AWD.

Less rotational losses in power from the AWD system, and its lighter!

It was this article from MotorTend when they reviewed the 2011 Edge Sport AWD and found it slower 0-60 than a SEL with FWD. 

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/edge/2011/2011-ford-edge-test/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 7:23 PM, GT500R said:

Also whats the mod list again?  Upgraded turbos? Intercooler? Exhaust?

Yes all of that plus a Turbosmart BOV, Reische 170* Tstat,  RamFab cold side pipe, BBK 65mmTB and air intake mods W/ aFe filter.  

Edited by Xtra

Best so far using my Dragy, no strips near me anywhere, is 13.59@99.39 on 93 LMS tune.  I have recorded that time 3 times when in Sport Mode and launching around 3000 RPM, I am guessing since I did not have the tach up on the display and am going by the one next to the fuel display so I am guessing since it was between 2K and 4K on the scale. 

1 hour ago, jamie1073 said:

Best so far using my Dragy, no strips near me anywhere, is 13.59@99.39 on 93 LMS tune.  I have recorded that time 3 times when in Sport Mode and launching around 3000 RPM, I am guessing since I did not have the tach up on the display and am going by the one next to the fuel display so I am guessing since it was between 2K and 4K on the scale. 

Be sure to turn off the traction control. ;)