Programming Modifications - Climate in IPC and Global Close Windows

I have a 16 Sport. I have successfully added CLIMATE to the right side of instrument cluster. Mine has global window opening from the factory. I added global close to the IPC and enabled it in the door modules and have that working.

If you have programming software and hardware that can access the as built data for those let me know and I can help you out (free) for adding that stuff.

Jason

• Like 3

Jason, could you post the info? On my 2011 MKX I already have Global Open, but not close, I know that it might not be the same (2016 vs. 2011), but I would like to try it. Also, may I ask, how does the vista roof close with Global close? All the way? with the shade too?

Jason, could you post the info? On my 2011 MKX I already have Global Open, but not close, I know that it might not be the same (2016 vs. 2011), but I would like to try it. Also, may I ask, how does the vista roof close with Global close? All the way? with the shade too?

2011 is a totally different setup. You don't even have door modules. On the 16 Edge the moon roof is not connected to the global window functions at all. In looking into that it likely takes additional wiring which I really don't feel like taking a brand new vehicle apart to see if the wiring really is missing.

Would you happen to know which block(s) might be responsible for it from the 2011-2015 Explorer? It might be similar? Thanks for replying.

That would be the same type of setup you currently have. Totally different from what the 16 Edge. I was going to test it with someone on a 17 Explorer but his equipment can't access all the modules involved.

i would like to know more about this also. what do i need? and how to do it

I wanted to verify something before replying to this. It does appear a 15 Sport would do the same changes I did. If you have something other than a Sport I would need to look into that. I used Ford IDS and a VCM2 (the true dealer software/hardware) however if you research "Forscan" that can be used as well. Once I verify that all the sub models work with the mod and the mods are the same then I am willing to post it publicly. I do not like to post information that has not been thoroughly tested as sometimes the settings are different between model years/sub models, etc. Mis-use or mistakes can also cause vehicle issues...Forscan took my Explorer down for a day until I figured out what was wrong as it took a configuration it should have rejected but did not. Long story, don't ask, lol.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jason - Do you know if you can disable the faux-engine-noise coming out of the speakers via programming?

ANC cancels out engine noise in the Edge I believe as opposed to the F150 which has ESE which pumps more engine noise in. But yes I believe it can be manually turned off with programming.

ANC - 2.7L Only

ANC is an audio system feature that eliminates a certain range of low frequency engine noise within the passenger compartment typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses 3 microphones, a DACMC (contained within the ACM), and the audio system speakers. The DACMC determines the noise frequency to be canceled based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM, as well as microphone input signals.

The ANC microphones are located in the headliner and monitor the engine noise resonating in the passenger compartment. The microphones transmit this noise as analog signals to the DACMC (contained within the ACM), where they are converted into digital signals by the integrated analog/digital converter. The digital signals are processed and an inverted phase sound wave with the same amplitude as the original sound is created. This new sound is converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the audio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF door speaker, RHF door speaker, and subwoofer speaker as fluctuating AC voltage.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm these work he helped me this weekend. I was trying codes I found for 2015-2016 f150s and the only one I could get to work on its own was heated seats on sync 3, disabling double honk, and driver door adjar beeping.

He helped me square away global close(including setting on left side of instrument under vehicle to shut it off, similar to "remote open" option. As well as climate control in instrument panel.

I searched everywhere and while there seems to be forums / discussions on these codes elsewhere (mainly f150) I couldn't find anything edge specific. Would not have been able to do this without jmr061's help.

Sidenote: if you are trying to test some codes I am more than happy to use my wife's 2017 escape as a test dummy. I know it's not an explorer but I was able to get a few things to "half-work" using f150 codes on hers as well.

I can't really explain the whole process as honestly if you can't find how to use the software via the site and some Google. You shouldn't be messing with a $30k+ vehicle's computer systems.

But if you can figure out that portion feel free to PM me or I'm sure jmr would do it too as this is his thread and he stated he'd be willing to help/provide the code needed

There are definitely a lot of things that can be enabled using Forscan and an appropriate adapter, but as has already been stated you can also really mess up your vehicle doing these mods.

It would be nice if there was a protected forum setup that to gain access you had to show you were capable of performing these mods. I have a few that i've confirmed are working that could be shared to those that have the proper equipment :)

YAY FIRST POST HAHA

Edited by solodogg

I was able to disable the double honk as well. The other thing that i'm looking for is the Autolock & ReAutolock. I would like that disabled as well. Anyone have any luck with that?

I saw AUTOLOCK's 1-5 somewhere & 1-4 were enabled. Didn't know if that's something i should disable or not

EDIT: I guess i successfully typed in the correct #'s & disabled the Autolock feature last night. With these 2 simple modifications has made things a lot nicer!

Edited by lildisco

ANC cancels out engine noise in the Edge I believe as opposed to the F150 which has ESE which pumps more engine noise in. But yes I believe it can be manually turned off with programming.

Has anyone disabled ANC yet? I'm curious if it would make my exhaust system more pronounced int the cab.

• 1 month later...

So are ya'll using Forscan for Windows or the mobile versions to make these changes. I came from a VW and have been making changes on those for years using VCDS. Also wrote custom firmware for the NAV radio in my Passat. REALLY want to get the Auto Close/Open working completely.

Thanks!

Edited by Ray Heath Jr

• 1 month later...

Can anyone advise me on the code to change to add climate to the instrument cluster?

I'm all set with Forscan and the necessary cable etc. I tried using a code listed on the 2gfusions forum but it had no effect.

My Edge is UK spec which might be a reason why it didn't work but I'd like to check the code if possible to make sure it wasn't me being dumb!

2016 Sport. I was thinking that I (meaning me) would like to have the ability to have an audible alert that was switchable on/off only when a car was in my blind spot AND I put the turn signal on. Sometimes I look right through the blinking little light. A tone would be nice. I mean if you put your signal on it means you are going, so if a car is there it would be nice to have a more robust warning. I know my wife would love that as she is not as alert to all the tech as I am...

Just thinking.....

2016 Sport. I was thinking that I (meaning me) would like to have the ability to have an audible alert that was switchable on/off only when a car was in my blind spot AND I put the turn signal on. Sometimes I look right through the blinking little light. A tone would be nice. I mean if you put your signal on it means you are going, so if a car is there it would be nice to have a more robust warning. I know my wife would love that as she is not as alert to all the tech as I am...

Just thinking.....

that would drive me crazy tbh, kinda like the "drink coffee" warning