Disable autolock when in Drive/driving the car, 2015 Edge Sport

Hi, has anyone figured out how to turn off the autolock when driving the car? I would like to turn off the function that automatically locks the doors when putting the vehicle in Drive/driving.

I'd also like to turn off the function that beeps the horn twice when walking away from the unlocked care with the key.

Thanks for any tips.

OP has a 2011. Oops - OP hasn't updated their signature.

But that is a good clarification. The horn beep is telling you that you left the vehicle running without a fob. E.g. if you had the only fob in your pocket and your wife dropped you off somewhere and drove off, when she got to her destination and turned off the vehicle she would not be able to restart it (after 30 seconds or so at least). It has nothing to do with the door locks.

Edited by akirby

I ran into a thread here that shows how to disable the honk.

But it seems a bit absurd and not sure many dealers would be willing to do it unless you know someone with the hookup they use to plug in.

It requires you to pay for software that they can then use to run while plugged into the vehicle. Search for honk disable or double honk. If I find it I'll post here again

I ran into a thread here that shows how to disable the honk.

But it seems a bit absurd and not sure many dealers would be willing to do it unless you know someone with the hookup they use to plug in.

It requires you to pay for software that they can then use to run while plugged into the vehicle. Search for honk disable or double honk. If I find it I'll post here again

Jason, a member here, has a website that offers a way to disable the double honk, but it involves requesting a dealer to install/update a file using dealer IDS equipment. This might be the better way.

An alternative would be to use a free software called ForScan with a compatible OBD2 adapter & you can do it yourself. Now I don't recall reading anyone specifically with a 2015/2016 Edge who tried to disable the double Honk, but I would expect it would be the same as the 2016 Explorer. Edit: Just don't forget the usual disclaimers that making any changes to your vehicle will risk causing damage & voiding your warranty.

Edited by omar302

All these options could be programmed with IDS or Forscan. IDS is the official Ford dealer programming software and Forscan is a 3rd party software. Doing it yourself would be at your own risk. While it is pretty hard to mess something up beyond correction...it can be done. If you hose something beyond your own repair, warranty isn't going to cover it but warranty isn't going to be voided because you enabled or disable an option.

Edited by jmr061

• 2 weeks later...

Lol I won't, personally the edge is my vehicle and if we take it somewhere I am driving and we are most likely going somewhere together. I can't think of a time in the last year where we took my vehicle somewhere and she dropped me off.

I will update to let you know if it ever happens :)

On a 2011 you should have the option to disable autolock in the vehicle settings menu.

On the horn you have 3 options:

Turn off the engine.

Leave the keyfob in the vehicle.

Don't close the door all the way.

OMG the honk is SO annoying. I just noticed that yesterday on my test drive. The Hyundai has an electronic "beeeeeeeeeeeep" that'll get your attention but not as loud as the double honk.

But I do like the disabling of the honk. Leaving the door open isn't really an option in the middle of a snowstorm while you're out shoveling snow off your car and you don't want it getting through the door crack or building up so when you open the door it all falls on your nice leather door stuff.

They really could've made it a beep. But then again they could've put AEB in the 2016 or at the least, the 2017.

I'm guessing you don't live in an area that snows much? You seem to be under thinking this lol.

What happens when you go run an errand and a flurry comes through? Does every place you take your vehicle have a covered parking area? Work, the mall, movies, dinner, friends house? It does snow throughout the day at times which unfortunately you can't always just park in your garage the entire time.

• Like 1