2015 Edge replacing 2011.... a few observations

Sarnano

Just bought a low mile 2015 Edge SEL. Traded my 2011 with high miles. Random thoughts:

2015 Likes

• Love the refreshed styling. Was getting tired of the massive chrome grill on the 11.
  • Great color, "magnetic" gray. Was on the fence with this, so many other cars are gray. But I love it - deep deep metallic with black and chrome accents.
  • Love the seats. Comfy, great bolstering, nice leather surfaces.
  • My Ford Touch and Sync - had it on the '11, still love it here. Never had problems.
  • Like the foot sensor lift gate.
  • Noticeably larger rear storage area, at least 8" longer.
  • Hydraulic hood supports, the '11 was manual
  • Nav system - new to me, like it so far.
  • Intelligent Access System - still getting use to this! Seems to work fine.

2015 Dislikes

• Electronic e-brake - the button is not well marked, always confuse on & off.
  • The car seems much heavier than the '11. Feels nose heavy if that makes sense. Handling not as crisp as the '11. Anyone else notice this?
  • Audio quality poor. Tried all settings.
  • Too few USB ports !! Only 2 in the front console, nothing in back. The '11 had 2 ports in the center console, easy to reach for front an rear. Why all the 12 V ports? Every device is a tablet or smart phone today.
  • Interior lighting is weak. I don't have the ambient options, but there should be underdash lighting. My old Edge had this.

Just to add, I drove the 2011 hard for 108K miles, never a single problem (other than brakes and tires). Was still smooth, quiet, tight, no rattles, no sqeaks, everything worked. That's why I'm sticking with the Edge.....

• Like 1