Quality Work (not really)

Sealer has holes in it, is literally smeared on everywhere, no cares given about quality. (sure some cracking is acceptable, but not that one hole)

The 'subframe' is bent in about 3mm, the other side is about 2 mm. Also found an area on the subframe that didn't have the corrosion protection, literally as if they missed a spot while coating the part.

#fordquality

I'll update this when I find more issues in the future.

post-42141-0-36345100-1470843039_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-67419600-1470843047_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-03884200-1470843066_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-07191400-1470843177_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-16315700-1470843422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beezz

So you're complaining that the pin the body sits on while it goes through the paint booth doesn't have any paint on it? Until you invent a zero gravity paint booth, there will always be a spot that doesn't get paint.

I can't quite tell where you're taking the pictures from, but looks like you've had to remove a lot of parts to be able to see the sealer. There really isn't much point in making something look pretty when it's just going to be covered up. Can't quite tell what's going on with the hole either, it may or may not be important.

The camera area is unacceptable. The rest of the pics I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at on the car for reference? Could you post some wider shots of the vehicle part?

The only thing I've noticed is a small chip on my rear wing(looks like a rock could have been me). And on the edge of my liftgate so clear coat drips at the base in a corner.

My wife's '17 will be going in tomorrow as inside the body channel when liftgate is open is a about 6 small areas missing paint. Almost looks like something got stuck to it while drying and someone tried to pull it off.

Other then that I think this edge is one of the most well built vehicles I've bought. Super quiet no squeaks or rattles, nothing broken. I had my '14 f150 in the shop 4 times in first month for a speaker that kept blowing. Once 20 mins after driving away from them fixing it. Needless to say I replaced those shortly there after

Edited by Tjm623

I think that's an acceptable tradeoff for the price you pay & the features you get, unless they affect the performance/operation of the car. Want better quality in the areas you don't see? Maybe check a German Luxury car or a Lexus. You can't have the same quality & features at a reduced price without tradeoffs.

So you're complaining that the pin the body sits on while it goes through the paint booth doesn't have any paint on it? Until you invent a zero gravity paint booth, there will always be a spot that doesn't get paint.

I can't quite tell where you're taking the pictures from, but looks like you've had to remove a lot of parts to be able to see the sealer. There really isn't much point in making something look pretty when it's just going to be covered up. Can't quite tell what's going on with the hole either, it may or may not be important.

I am complaining because in 5 years there is going to be a rust hole the size of my hand. It would have taken them 2 seconds to spray on the coating manually on the line. The paint can be put on easily, but the frame cannot be easily unbent.

All of the images with the sealer are from the taillight slots. Takes 5 seconds to take one screw out and you can see everything. The sealer is cracking and isn't applied well. Right under the sealer is the wheel well and inner trunk compartment, if water gets in there the audio controller is toast. I however do see what you mean, it doesn't need to look pretty, but it should still be applied properly. See the attached images.

The camera area is unacceptable. The rest of the pics I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at on the car for reference? Could you post some wider shots of the vehicle part?

The only thing I've noticed is a small chip on my rear wing(looks like a rock could have been me). And on the edge of my liftgate so clear coat drips at the base in a corner.

My wife's '17 will be going in tomorrow as inside the body channel when liftgate is open is a about 6 small areas missing paint. Almost looks like something got stuck to it while drying and someone tried to pull it off.

Other then that I think this edge is one of the most well built vehicles I've bought. Super quiet no squeaks or rattles, nothing broken. I had my '14 f150 in the shop 4 times in first month for a speaker that kept blowing. Once 20 mins after driving away from them fixing it. Needless to say I replaced those shortly there after

What camera area? Everything with the sealer is in the taillight housing area, the indent is on the frame next to the trailer hitch mount holes. Posted some more pics below. Did you let your dealer know about the paint defect on your edge? I told mine that there was a big drip on the front fender, dirt in the paint on the front door jam, and a chip under the taillight housing, they said they would fix it, but nothing has been done yet, they probably forgot.

You're fortunate to have an edge without any rattles, they are so common that its just frustrating. Every time I drive down my street the door panels squeak, rattle, groan etc. The edge is built like a tank on the outside, but the fit and finish isn't up to an acceptable standard.

I think that's an acceptable tradeoff for the price you pay & the features you get, unless they affect the performance/operation of the car. Want better quality in the areas you don't see? Maybe check a German Luxury car or a Lexus. You can't have the same quality & features at a reduced price without tradeoffs.

(Don't take this as me raging at you, more like raging at ford for having low standards)

Its outrageous, this car was 54'000 before taxes. We test drove a Nissan Murano (same price basically) it was much better put together, the infotainment system was quicker. etc etc. If we paid less than 40'000 I wouldn't be complaining, something this expensive should be put together with quality and care.

What features, this thing has a manual adjust steering column, non heated steering wheel, the worst navi unit ever, crap cooled seats, rattles galore, no adaptive cruise control, cheap/ugly looking mirrors, bland dash gauges, not great bolstered seats, the slowest shifting transmission ( Reverse to Drive, and Drive to Reverse) no auto brake hold.

A Hyundai Sante fe sport has better/more features than this edge, at a lower price. The Murano has a 360 view camera system (no blind-spot monitoring). Cars that compete with the Edge have some better features for sure.

The only reason we got this edge was because of the engine, I wanted something quick. And it also looked really good. My dad told me fords look nice on the outside, but not so much underneath, and the service department often sucks. (+2 points for him)

To rant further:

Before delivery, the front bumper lip was severely damaged, the rear signature light bar had a crack on the inside, there was paint defects. (bumper and tail light were replaced slightly after delivery) The driver seat memory and power adjustments weren't working, connector wasn't connected properly.

I've gotten 2 alignments since we bought the edge, when the dealer checked the angles, they were so off from factory spec that they didn't charge me. The front door panels have rattles, told the dealer about them, their answer was to turn the audio bass and midrange to negative 3 (I am pissed at this 'solution'). The fact that the panels rattle with the audio set at factory settings is outrageous (at 30% volume). Not only do they rattle with the audio system on, but when it is off some of the rattles are still there. There is also a super loud and annoying rattle on the cup holder where it meets the console trim. Water streams from the rear doors onto the interior on both sides whenever the car is wet. The sunroof shade has two marks on it, about 5 inchs in length each. Fuel fill door is damaged. The rear driver side passenger door glossy black panel was cracked and squeaked all the time.

Dealer has fixed:

Bumper lip, rear signature light, rear passenger door trim panel, wheel alignment

Most of the damaged parts were replaced before I could take pictures.

I didnt bother to mention the fuel fill door to the dealer as it isn't visible unless you open the door.

See the attached pics, I captioned as much as I could.

Once again, dont take this personally any of you, I just am frustrated that a car this expensive would have all these stupid problems. I still love it, its fantastic, but its the little things that annoy you.

post-42141-0-05791300-1471051241_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-49750000-1471051242_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-74927600-1471051243_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-61377100-1471051245_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-62684400-1471051246_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-73635100-1471051278_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-07634200-1471051280_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-76842100-1471051281_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-79580100-1471051282_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-01278300-1471051284_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-70500300-1471051284_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-48586100-1471051285_thumb.jpg

post-42141-0-47116000-1471059016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beezz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I agree, when you spend this much money on a vehicle and claim to compete with the likes of BMW, you should make a product worthy of this. I have had similar issues on my 11 Edge sport. The more people don't take these things for granted and call them out for what they are, the more likelihood that Ford will eventually pay more attention to details.

I agree, when you spend this much money on a vehicle and claim to compete with the likes of BMW, you should make a product worthy of this. I have had similar issues on my 11 Edge sport. The more people don't take these things for granted and call them out for what they are, the more likelihood that Ford will eventually pay more attention to details.

The only thing that Ford will care about is if sales start to drop or warranty costs are too high.

Also - BMWs are not known for stellar quality.

And the more the new vehicles will cost. Ford knows how to "pay attention to details" but they choose to save the money and reduce the cost to the customer.

I am complaining because in 5 years there is going to be a rust hole the size of my hand. It would have taken them 2 seconds to spray on the coating manually on the line. The paint can be put on easily, but the frame cannot be easily unbent.

All of the images with the sealer are from the taillight slots. Takes 5 seconds to take one screw out and you can see everything. The sealer is cracking and isn't applied well. Right under the sealer is the wheel well and inner trunk compartment, if water gets in there the audio controller is toast. I however do see what you mean, it doesn't need to look pretty, but it should still be applied properly. See the attached images.

What camera area? Everything with the sealer is in the taillight housing area, the indent is on the frame next to the trailer hitch mount holes. Posted some more pics below. Did you let your dealer know about the paint defect on your edge? I told mine that there was a big drip on the front fender, dirt in the paint on the front door jam, and a chip under the taillight housing, they said they would fix it, but nothing has been done yet, they probably forgot.

You're fortunate to have an edge without any rattles, they are so common that its just frustrating. Every time I drive down my street the door panels squeak, rattle, groan etc. The edge is built like a tank on the outside, but the fit and finish isn't up to an acceptable standard.

(Don't take this as me raging at you, more like raging at ford for having low standards)

Its outrageous, this car was 54'000 before taxes. We test drove a Nissan Murano (same price basically) it was much better put together, the infotainment system was quicker. etc etc. If we paid less than 40'000 I wouldn't be complaining, something this expensive should be put together with quality and care.

What features, this thing has a manual adjust steering column, non heated steering wheel, the worst navi unit ever, crap cooled seats, rattles galore, no adaptive cruise control, cheap/ugly looking mirrors, bland dash gauges, not great bolstered seats, the slowest shifting transmission ( Reverse to Drive, and Drive to Reverse) no auto brake hold.

A Hyundai Sante fe sport has better/more features than this edge, at a lower price. The Murano has a 360 view camera system (no blind-spot monitoring). Cars that compete with the Edge have some better features for sure.

The only reason we got this edge was because of the engine, I wanted something quick. And it also looked really good. My dad told me fords look nice on the outside, but not so much underneath, and the service department often sucks. (+2 points for him)

To rant further:

Before delivery, the front bumper lip was severely damaged, the rear signature light bar had a crack on the inside, there was paint defects. (bumper and tail light were replaced slightly after delivery) The driver seat memory and power adjustments weren't working, connector wasn't connected properly.

I've gotten 2 alignments since we bought the edge, when the dealer checked the angles, they were so off from factory spec that they didn't charge me. The front door panels have rattles, told the dealer about them, their answer was to turn the audio bass and midrange to negative 3 (I am pissed at this 'solution'). The fact that the panels rattle with the audio set at factory settings is outrageous (at 30% volume). Not only do they rattle with the audio system on, but when it is off some of the rattles are still there. There is also a super loud and annoying rattle on the cup holder where it meets the console trim. Water streams from the rear doors onto the interior on both sides whenever the car is wet. The sunroof shade has two marks on it, about 5 inchs in length each. Fuel fill door is damaged. The rear driver side passenger door glossy black panel was cracked and squeaked all the time.

Dealer has fixed:

Bumper lip, rear signature light, rear passenger door trim panel, wheel alignment

Most of the damaged parts were replaced before I could take pictures.

I didnt bother to mention the fuel fill door to the dealer as it isn't visible unless you open the door.

See the attached pics, I captioned as much as I could.

Once again, dont take this personally any of you, I just am frustrated that a car this expensive would have all these stupid problems. I still love it, its fantastic, but its the little things that annoy you.

not to get off topic but Beez did you dip or wrap your emblems?

Dont even care about their bmw comparison, the Hyundai Sante-fe sport and Nissan Murano both had better fit and finish than the edge. both directly compete with the edge.

And the more the new vehicles will cost. Ford knows how to "pay attention to details" but they choose to save the money and reduce the cost to the customer.

lol cost reduction = 64 grand pre-discounts. It would take 1 employee 5 minutes to run through a vehicle and check things that I mentioned and flag them to be fixed. Sure that might raise costs, but minimally. Most people would pay a few hundred more knowing that they wouldn't have QC issues.

not to get off topic but Beez did you dip or wrap your emblems?

Dipped , wasnt that bad, but over spray was nasty, even with masking off the entire rear. dip has held up well to 1 winter and dozens of pressure / hand washes.

• Like 1