Dealer messed up sale of 2016 Edge Sport

Hi. I joined this forum excited and in the middle of purchasing a 2016 Edge Sport. After we couldn't make a deal on the ones they had in the lot (I didn't want the moon roof, 21" wheels, or all the dealer added crap...we were about $3k apart) they said they could get one like I wanted from another dealer. The deal was struck and they sent someone to get it while we did paperwork.

So 6+ hours after I walked in, they took me outside to do a walk around. All looked fine except for the pinstripes which I figured I could just remove (wtf! Pinstripes on a Sport?! No thanks!). Then I looked at the odometer. When we did the paperwork they said it had 200 miles on it. The odometer says...3,175. What?! "No, I will NOT be taking this home! It's used!"

"Ummm. We don't know how that happened. We will call you tomorrow."

"Yeah, you do that."

(To be continued...)

• Like 1

Do you know where the Edge was being brought in from? If they did not bring it in on a trailer, but rather drove it in, that would explain the mileage. If you noted the VIN, you could run a Carfax for yourself or make the dealer run it. Prior ownership will show up there. Having the VIN will also let you explore that vehicle's build date and features on

https://www.etis.ford.com

Do you know where the Edge was being brought in from? If they did not bring it in on a trailer, but rather drove it in, that would explain the mileage. If you noted the VIN, you could run a Carfax for yourself or make the dealer run it. Prior ownership will show up there. Having the VIN will also let you explore that vehicle's build date and features on

https://www.etis.ford.com

This could work, if the car was actually owned. But this sounds like a dealer was using this car to drive around themselves. When I went to buy mine they had a 2016 titanium with 6k miles on it...sitting on showroom floor. Had it marked down to about z plan price, wouldn't let me use z plan on top of price. Which I found strange it's still a new model year vehicle. I should have been able too.

Sounds like either dealer was going off odometer print out they had too and never actually checked the vehicle or your dealing with a shady one. Good Luck

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Yeah 3200 miles is waaaaay too many for the 1 hour drive from across town (6 hours was the entire process).

I'm at the dealer now. Completely cancelled that 3200 mi vehicle. Working on a deal for a Titanium White version now. 401a and sunroof.

Edited by Deadpool_25

Going from a Sport to a Titanium? The problem during my search was that there were no Sports within 250 miles that did not have the giant moonroof and dub+1's. Dealers around here appear to not order them that way. We searched together on their computer and I just gave up and bought one of the few on their lot. What you went through is why I have always had the dealer call and verify mileage before agreeing. I suspect they may have been trying to pawn a demo onto you.

Sorry I meant Platinum White. We have a deal on a Sport. It does have the moon roof, but just the 20" wheels (ill almost certainly swap them out anyway). It's supposed to be at the dealer this afternoon but at this point I'll believe it when I see it. Lol.

Congrats! I took delivery of mine yesterday and have put 307 miles on it already. This is an amazingly nice SUV that feels much more upscale than the price suggests. The 21's ride hard, but the suspension really makes it not as bad as you would think. I cannot wait to hit 1000 miles so that I can do some WOT runs up the highway on ramps.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure yet. Might leave it on stock wheels for a bit.

Stock would be good. I cannot even imagine how easy 22's would be to damage as my stock 21's look like they are riding on a rubber band. I may get a set of 20's or maybe even 18's from Tirerack for winter use as our potholes become horrendous.