Top likes/dislikes about 2016 Edge

mjonis

I've had my '16 Edge for 6 months now and I can't help but really HATE the SYNC 3 system! :rant2: I was never able to make my phone properly with it and neither the dealer. Also there no easy to erase old addresses from the "Previous Adresses" menu, etc… Funny but the older SYNC in my '11 MKX was much more user friendly, my phone used to work in it and I could erase previous addresses as often as I wanted. I find it a big step backwards, not an improvement from the first generation SYNC!

Claude. :swear:

Sync 3 was one of the reasons why I ended up buying the Edge. Why do you need to erase previous addresses? And what kind of phone do you have?

If you hate Sync 3, I don't even want to know how badly you will hate Toyota's Entune system. I have that in my Toyota and it is the worst infortainment interface I have ever seen in my life. I have owned the previous Sync system as well in numerous vehicles and really enjoyed it. However I see Sync 3 leaps and bounds better even though it does have a learning curve to it. It is probably the best infortainment interface I have ever experienced

I've had my '16 Edge for 6 months now and I can't help but really HATE the SYNC 3 system! :rant2: I was never able to make my phone properly with it and neither the dealer.

What phone do you have?

Here's a website that details which phones and carrier's will work with Sync 3.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/phone/phones-compatible-with-sync.html#?year=2016&model=Edge&syncGen=sync3&country=us

Edited by enigma-2

That site is highly suspect. Both of my Samsung S6 phones have trouble working with Sync3. Trouble with phone contacts and I continuously have to un-pair them and then go through the process....again and again. I never had troubles with MFT or MLT. The dealer has looked at it 4 times now in my Edge....can't fix the issues.

Sync 3 was one of the reasons why I ended up buying the Edge. Why do you need to erase previous addresses? And what kind of phone do you have?

It's not really because I have to delete them…but I liked having that option in my previous vehicle.

and

What phone do you have?

Here's a website that details which phones and carrier's will work with Sync 3.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/phone/phones-compatible-with-sync.html#?year=2016&model=Edge&syncGen=sync3&country=us

My phone is a Sonim XP 5520 which worked fine in my '11 MKX.

Edited by 2FAST4U

That site is highly suspect. Both of my Samsung S6 phones have trouble working with Sync3. Trouble with phone contacts and I continuously have to un-pair them and then go through the process....again and again. I never had troubles with MFT or MLT. The dealer has looked at it 4 times now in my Edge....can't fix the issues.

Hey Hermans,

If the dealer hasn't found a resolution to your issue, have them contact their Tech Hotline for further assistance.

Cara

2015 Edge Sport with Pano roof and 21" wheels.

Effortless power

Looks great

Openness the pano roof makes it feel like

Quiet interior

Dislikes:

Pano roof squeeks/creaks

Poor seat back cooling (even with TSB performed)

Seat comfort after 2 hour or longer drive

Coverage of front OEM all-weather floor mats

No 2nd row USB charge ports

Factory trailer hitch not available on Sport

I dislike how much noise my driver side panel makes. I dislike how my back end (Hatch) shakes and rattles. The sound from outside driving is loud. I miss my 2014 Edge so much. This 2016 Edge sucks. I want my money back. Take it to the dealer and they hear nothing. Acting like I am crazy ..

• Like 1

If you hate Sync 3, I don't even want to know how badly you will hate Toyota's Entune system. I have that in my Toyota and it is the worst infortainment interface I have ever seen in my life. I have owned the previous Sync system as well in numerous vehicles and really enjoyed it. However I see Sync 3 leaps and bounds better even though it does have a learning curve to it. It is probably the best infortainment interface I have ever experienced

My 4Runner had the Entune and you're right. That system was absolutely horrible. In the span of a year that system would randomly wipe itself back to all factory settings atleast 3 times for no reason. Not to mention the interface selections were so small and the screen itself so small, that I always hit the wrong thing.

I still hate touch screens in cars but the interface on the Sync 3 is better than most. I do wish there was an option for it to go back to home screen after maybe 10-15 seconds. That's one thing the Entune had that I miss.

I also still hate the fact that IA doesn't unlock the rear doors if the ignition is on and you try to open it from the outside. I do this alot to let my kids out and always have to remember to unlock the doors. They're too little to open them from the inside.

I also still hate the fact that IA doesn't unlock the rear doors if the ignition is on and you try to open it from the outside. I do this alot to let my kids out and always have to remember to unlock the doors. They're too little to open them from the inside.

Can you expand on the use case here? The engine is running, you're outside the car with the fob and you try to open the rear doors?

I do wish there was an option for it to go back to home screen after maybe 10-15 seconds. That's one thing the Entune had that I miss.

I prefer for it to stay on the screen I selected which is almost always the Audio screen. I hated that every time you started the car MFT would start on the home screen. Of course an option would let you do it either way.

Can you expand on the use case here? The engine is running, you're outside the car with the fob and you try to open the rear doors?

I prefer for it to stay on the screen I selected which is almost always the Audio screen. I hated that every time you started the car MFT would start on the home screen. Of course an option would let you do it either way.

Yeah - optional. So those that wanted it to stay can, those that want it to revert can.

The IA thing is random and drives me nuts.

Example: Taking my kid to school. She's not quite old enough to open the door on her own.

So I pull into the parking spot and put it in Park.

Key is in my pocket.

I get out and close my door. (vehicle is running)

I attempt to open the driver's rear door, it is locked.

I try again, no such luck. Door remains locked.

After a random number of attempts, the door unlocks and I can open it.

or

It remains locked and I have to re-open my door and unlock all locks via the door button.

Please note, there are other days where doing the same exact steps and the rear door immediately unlocks.

I've now reverted to telling my kid to pull on the handle twice and so far that's worked.

To me, it's the IA not properly detecting the key. I'm standing in the same spot each time.

I just tested it and even with child lock setting on, you should be able to get out with the car running (key in pocket) and open the rear doors. You can hear them unlock. Sounds like a door sensor issue. I even tried "stickin' my butt out" haha just to see if a little more distance from my pocket with the key to the door made a difference, and it did not. Worked every time.

I just tested it and even with child lock setting on, you should be able to get out with the car running (key in pocket) and open the rear doors. You can hear them unlock. Sounds like a door sensor issue. I even tried "stickin' my butt out" haha just to see if a little more distance from my pocket with the key to the door made a difference, and it did not. Worked every time.

I know - again, hence my insanity on the issue.

Some times it works exactly as described. Other times, I can stand there and pull on the handle 10 times and it's locked. It's completely inconsistent behavior which is my big pet peeve with IA.