Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Top likes/dislikes about 2016 Edge

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

I've occasionally been hearing what sounds like the cargo door glass rattling almost like it's not shut, it's not often and likely could be me not shutting it firmly. The into real rattle is this stupid one near driver tweeter that I cannot figure out for the life of me

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

I've occasionally been hearing whatR sounds like the cargo door glass rattling almost like it's not shut, it's not often and likely could be me not shutting it firmly. The into real rattle is this stupid one near driver tweeter that I cannot figure out for the life of me

My rear pass door was tight to close. Keeping any widow open a crack helped. You might have someone drive the car while your in the back listening

#23 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

I think it may be that door too! It doesn't seem to shut flush like the rest. I chalked it up to a tight seal and maybe it'd loosen up over time

#24 OFFLINE   Sarnano

Sarnano

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Check out your rear license plate.   Mine was at an odd angle, just enough for a metallic rattle. 

#25 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

I'll check but the bottom two holes have rubber grommets I'd think that would stop if

#26 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

My wife told me she took it to Ford for the rear door while I was away. They said they adjusted the weatherstrip, what that means I'm not sure.

#27 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

My wife told me she took it to Ford for the rear door while I was away. They said they adjusted the weatherstrip, what that means I'm not sure.

#28 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

I'm going to have them look at the rear passenger door when go in for an oil change. It definitely is not sitting correctly, I think a lot of the noise is coming from that. And the top near the open side I can see the paint from through a crack in the door

#29 OFFLINE   2FAST4U

2FAST4U

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 113 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'm going to have them look at the rear passenger door when go in for an oil change. It definitely is not sitting correctly, I think a lot of the noise is coming from that. And the top near the open side I can see the paint from through a crack in the door

Funny that you mention this…I've had the exact same problem with mine which the dealer fixed and it now aligns correctly with the front door. But one thing I noticed is that the rear door chrome mouldings which surround the glass doesn't align with the mouldings of the small rear quarter glass. I've looked at other Edges and found that a lot of them are like that... :shrug:

Claude. ;)

Edited by 2FAST4U, 08 September 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:14 PM

Interesting, I finally tracked down the noise in the front. It's that little drawer on the left side of dash near the headlight switch. If I push in on it the noise stops. Now how to get it to stop without me having to drive with a hand on it all the time

#31 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:07 AM

New 2016 Ford Edge Sport owner.

Power

Looks

Ingress/Egress

Bang for buck

Dislikes (these are very nitpicky)

LED bumper lights (pointless - hate this latest fad)

DRL's (use standard halogen H15 and since there are the LED's in the bumper, why headlight DRL's as well)

High beam is HID bixenon instead of using the H15 reflector housing (again why?)

Lane Keep assist button on blinker stock - I keep hitting it and turning it on/off (why is this not in the menu)

No Traction Control button - This is in the menu (why?)

Left TFT screen uses blue background but some of the vertical gauges like RPM, Engine Temp, are also blue (WTF - talk about not being able to glance down and read quickly)

Can't have standard RPM gauge and some sort of Fuel Economy gauge at the same time

Right TFT screen is really designed poorly.  Radio (which I have a big giant screen 3" to the right, NAV, again big giant NAV screen 3" to the right, and phone (which i personally don't use at all)

DayTime color for Sync3 is just ugly.  Would have preferred all black but night mode is too dark with sunglasses on

Rear seats do not fold as flat as I'd like.

Rear exhaust is just ugly.  the standard Edge round tips look far better

Too many beeps from the 360 collision detection.  I never know what beep means what without looking at the screen.  It'd be nice if the sound originated roughly from where the proximity alert comes from.

Main center cupholders should be in front of the shifter, not behind.  

Sport mode for the steering doesn't feel any different than standard

Sport mode should use 6th gear

Puddle lamps and Rear license plate lights are Halogen yet everything else is LED (again, why, my Mustang uses LED's in the license plate lights)

Again - I'm really being nitpicky.  These are all things that I will adapt too, just wish a bit better choices were made by Ford or allow more customization by the owner.

Still, great car vs. my old 4Runner which had no tech anywhere near what Ford offers for similar money and was a 2015.

#32 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 364 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

I don't think sport mode is supposed to change the feel of the steering.  It's just gearing.

#33 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

I don't think sport mode is supposed to change the feel of the steering.  It's just gearing.

Go into the menu for driver assist and you can change the Steering in D and S modes.  S mode is for the transmission and throttle.  But you can set the steering as well.  I didn't notice any difference.

Maybe I need to mess with it more.

#34 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

I don't have this option under driver assist (I'm assuming you mean through the left gauge cluster LCD screen?).  Do you have adaptive steering?  If so, maybe that gives you more options? I don't know.

Edited by Burrcold, 27 September 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

Never mind, I just looked it up and the steering mode changes from D to S are ONLY on vehicles equipped with Adaptive Steering.  I opted to not get it as I didn't like the artificial feel of the system.

#36 OFFLINE   Tjm623

Tjm623

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

LED bumper lights (pointless - hate this latest fad)
DRL's (use standard halogen H15 and since there are the LED's in the bumper, why headlight DRL's as well)

Not sure if you want to, but I also don't like this. I disabled my DRLs and use the LED bumper lights only. In a sense it's the same thing. I have front facing lights that stay on all the time (I don't live in an area where DRLs are required in at a specific location on car though)

Can't have standard RPM gauge and some sort of Fuel Economy gauge at the same time

I wish this was able to be done as well

Right TFT screen is really designed poorly.  Radio (which I have a big giant screen 3" to the right, NAV, again big giant NAV screen 3" to the right, and phone (which i personally don't use at all)

I actually like the Right screen. I use the radio one mainly I think it's easier to see over there at a quick glance, I also tend to leave the 8" screen on climate. Also for NAV I really like it! I only use it when following a route, it displayed next turn, road your on and going to turn on and speed limit of the street. I then switch 8" to radio or climate. If I want to look at route in detail I'll use 8" screen otherwise it's set route and use the small screen for directions.

Main center cupholders should be in front of the shifter, not behind.  

This drives me crazy, I have s habit of driving with hand on shifter with two water bottles in the holders there is nowhere for my arm to sit without resting on or between the bottles.

Sport mode should use 6th gear

I have a SEL 3.5L, I can shift into 6th in sport mode no problem?

Puddle lamps and Rear license plate lights are Halogen yet everything else is LED (again, why, my Mustang uses LED's in the license plate lights)

You can swap these out for under $100 I did well worth it. DaytimeLights sells a puddle lamp LED kit that comes with license plate lights too. Super simple and way more light from puddle lamps. Best upgrade so far for me.

I added responses to the complaints I had comments for inside the quote. Tried to space them out for readability

#37 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,172 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

On the sport mode - what he meant was when using Sport mode without the paddle shifters it won't go into 6th gear automatically - stops at 5.   With the paddle shifters you can manually select all gears.

#38 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

Mine goes into 6th even in sport mode.  It's just more aggressively trying to drop to 5th anytime I give it a little bit of throttle, but if I'm just coasting it's in 6th (you know because you are sitting at around 2k rpm and can put it in and out of sport and the rpms don't change).

#39 OFFLINE   Groundpounder

Groundpounder

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Comfort

Quiet cabin

Great Infotainment system

Lot of room compared to my Nissan Rogue

Decent power from a 4 cylinder

Dislikes:

Crappy headlights

No easy way to mount fog/driving lights

That is really about it, but granted I am on my second day of ownership, so the honeymoon is still underway....

#40 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:55 PM

Comfort
Quiet cabin
Great Infotainment system
Lot of room compared to my Nissan Rogue
Decent power from a 4 cylinder

Dislikes:
Crappy headlights
No easy way to mount fog/driving lights

That is really about it, but granted I am on my second day of ownership, so the honeymoon is still underway....

Like me coming from a Nissan you also noticed the weak headlights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users