Top likes/dislikes about 2016 Edge

mjonis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have them look at the rear passenger door when go in for an oil change. It definitely is not sitting correctly, I think a lot of the noise is coming from that. And the top near the open side I can see the paint from through a crack in the door

Funny that you mention this…I've had the exact same problem with mine which the dealer fixed and it now aligns correctly with the front door. But one thing I noticed is that the rear door chrome mouldings which surround the glass doesn't align with the mouldings of the small rear quarter glass. I've looked at other Edges and found that a lot of them are like that... :shrug:

Claude. ;)

Edited by 2FAST4U

• 3 weeks later...

New 2016 Ford Edge Sport owner.

Power

Looks

Ingress/Egress

Bang for buck

Dislikes (these are very nitpicky)

LED bumper lights (pointless - hate this latest fad)

DRL's (use standard halogen H15 and since there are the LED's in the bumper, why headlight DRL's as well)

High beam is HID bixenon instead of using the H15 reflector housing (again why?)

Lane Keep assist button on blinker stock - I keep hitting it and turning it on/off (why is this not in the menu)

No Traction Control button - This is in the menu (why?)

Left TFT screen uses blue background but some of the vertical gauges like RPM, Engine Temp, are also blue (WTF - talk about not being able to glance down and read quickly)

Can't have standard RPM gauge and some sort of Fuel Economy gauge at the same time

Right TFT screen is really designed poorly. Radio (which I have a big giant screen 3" to the right, NAV, again big giant NAV screen 3" to the right, and phone (which i personally don't use at all)

DayTime color for Sync3 is just ugly. Would have preferred all black but night mode is too dark with sunglasses on

Rear seats do not fold as flat as I'd like.

Rear exhaust is just ugly. the standard Edge round tips look far better

Too many beeps from the 360 collision detection. I never know what beep means what without looking at the screen. It'd be nice if the sound originated roughly from where the proximity alert comes from.

Main center cupholders should be in front of the shifter, not behind.

Sport mode for the steering doesn't feel any different than standard

Sport mode should use 6th gear

Puddle lamps and Rear license plate lights are Halogen yet everything else is LED (again, why, my Mustang uses LED's in the license plate lights)

Again - I'm really being nitpicky. These are all things that I will adapt too, just wish a bit better choices were made by Ford or allow more customization by the owner.

Still, great car vs. my old 4Runner which had no tech anywhere near what Ford offers for similar money and was a 2015.

I don't think sport mode is supposed to change the feel of the steering. It's just gearing.

Go into the menu for driver assist and you can change the Steering in D and S modes. S mode is for the transmission and throttle. But you can set the steering as well. I didn't notice any difference.

Maybe I need to mess with it more.

LED bumper lights (pointless - hate this latest fad)

DRL's (use standard halogen H15 and since there are the LED's in the bumper, why headlight DRL's as well)

Not sure if you want to, but I also don't like this. I disabled my DRLs and use the LED bumper lights only. In a sense it's the same thing. I have front facing lights that stay on all the time (I don't live in an area where DRLs are required in at a specific location on car though)

Can't have standard RPM gauge and some sort of Fuel Economy gauge at the same time

I wish this was able to be done as well

Right TFT screen is really designed poorly. Radio (which I have a big giant screen 3" to the right, NAV, again big giant NAV screen 3" to the right, and phone (which i personally don't use at all)

I actually like the Right screen. I use the radio one mainly I think it's easier to see over there at a quick glance, I also tend to leave the 8" screen on climate. Also for NAV I really like it! I only use it when following a route, it displayed next turn, road your on and going to turn on and speed limit of the street. I then switch 8" to radio or climate. If I want to look at route in detail I'll use 8" screen otherwise it's set route and use the small screen for directions.

Main center cupholders should be in front of the shifter, not behind.

This drives me crazy, I have s habit of driving with hand on shifter with two water bottles in the holders there is nowhere for my arm to sit without resting on or between the bottles.

Sport mode should use 6th gear

I have a SEL 3.5L, I can shift into 6th in sport mode no problem?

Puddle lamps and Rear license plate lights are Halogen yet everything else is LED (again, why, my Mustang uses LED's in the license plate lights)

You can swap these out for under $100 I did well worth it. DaytimeLights sells a puddle lamp LED kit that comes with license plate lights too. Super simple and way more light from puddle lamps. Best upgrade so far for me.

I added responses to the complaints I had comments for inside the quote. Tried to space them out for readability

Comfort

Quiet cabin

Great Infotainment system

Lot of room compared to my Nissan Rogue

Decent power from a 4 cylinder

Dislikes:

Crappy headlights

No easy way to mount fog/driving lights

That is really about it, but granted I am on my second day of ownership, so the honeymoon is still underway....

Like me coming from a Nissan you also noticed the weak headlights.

A few more small gripes....

1. The backup camera seems to get covered in water when driving in the rain a lot easier than with my Rogue. I am going to see if some rain-x might help that.

2. The blind spot monitor system doesn't beep if I put my directional on with someone in my blind spot, the lights just flash, and they aren't terribly bright in the daytime.

Ive chalked backup cam up as a loss in the rain, same way on my f150, rain x will help in the sense you'll see beads instead of just a blurry camera, but it's still gonna get water sticking to it.

Come winter I got in the habit of when walking to the car wiping the lens with a finger. At least it's clear for a few minutes :)

Ive chalked backup cam up as a loss in the rain, same way on my f150, rain x will help in the sense you'll see beads instead of just a blurry camera, but it's still gonna get water sticking to it.

Come winter I got in the habit of when walking to the car wiping the lens with a finger. At least it's clear for a few minutes :)

OK, guess I won't waste my time with Rain-X then. Oh well....

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my '16 Edge for 6 months now and I can't help but really HATE the SYNC 3 system! :rant2: I was never able to make my phone properly with it and neither the dealer. Also there no easy to erase old addresses from the "Previous Adresses" menu, etc… Funny but the older SYNC in my '11 MKX was much more user friendly, my phone used to work in it and I could erase previous addresses as often as I wanted. I find it a big step backwards, not an improvement from the first generation SYNC!

Claude. :swear: