Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Top likes/dislikes about 2016 Edge

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Hermans

Hermans

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Hey Hermans,

If the dealer hasn't found a resolution to your issue, have them contact their Tech Hotline for further assistance. 

Cara

They did. Came back and said the system was very buggy. Maybe when there's the first upgrade....we'll see...

• FordIVTteam likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 ONLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Support

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

They did. Came back and said the system was very buggy. Maybe when there's the first upgrade....we'll see...

Hermans,

Keep me posted.

Shaay

#63 OFFLINE   anitra306

anitra306

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

I dislike how much noise my driver side panel makes. I dislike how my back end (Hatch) shakes and rattles. The sound from outside driving is loud. I miss my 2014 Edge so much. This 2016 Edge sucks. I want my money back. Take it to the dealer and they hear nothing. Acting like I am crazy ..

#64 OFFLINE   junehhan

junehhan

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

What do you mean sound from outside driving? This new generation Edge is really quiet.

That driver side panel noise may be that coin drawer thing under the light switch. That should be an easy fix for the dealer. Do you have the panoramic roof?

#65 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

If you hate Sync 3, I don't even want to know how badly you will hate Toyota's Entune system. I have that in my Toyota and it is the worst infortainment interface I have ever seen in my life. I have owned the previous Sync system as well in numerous vehicles and really enjoyed it. However I see Sync 3 leaps and bounds better even though it does have a learning curve to it. It is probably the best infortainment interface I have ever experienced

My 4Runner had the Entune and you're right.  That system was absolutely horrible.  In the span of a year that system would randomly wipe itself back to all factory settings atleast 3 times for no reason.  Not to mention the interface selections were so small  and the screen itself so small, that I always hit the wrong thing.

I still hate touch screens in cars but the interface on the Sync 3 is better than most.  I do wish there was an option for it to go back to home screen after maybe 10-15 seconds.  That's one thing the Entune had that I miss.

I also still hate the fact that IA doesn't unlock the rear doors if the ignition is on and you try to open it from the outside.  I do this alot to let my kids out and always have to remember to unlock the doors.  They're too little to open them from the inside.

#66 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,132 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

I also still hate the fact that IA doesn't unlock the rear doors if the ignition is on and you try to open it from the outside.  I do this alot to let my kids out and always have to remember to unlock the doors.  They're too little to open them from the inside.

Can you expand on the use case here?  The engine is running, you're outside the car with the fob and you try to open the rear doors?

I do wish there was an option for it to go back to home screen after maybe 10-15 seconds.  That's one thing the Entune had that I miss.

I prefer for it to stay on the screen I selected which is almost always the Audio screen.  I hated that every time you started the car MFT would start on the home screen.  Of course an option would let you do it either way.

#67 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

I just tried opening the rear door, key fob in pocket, engine running, drivers door open.
Before I tried I was sitting in car motor running with doors locked.
Rear door opened I first pull.

#68 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Can you expand on the use case here?  The engine is running, you're outside the car with the fob and you try to open the rear doors?

I prefer for it to stay on the screen I selected which is almost always the Audio screen.  I hated that every time you started the car MFT would start on the home screen.  Of course an option would let you do it either way.

Yeah - optional.  So those that wanted it to stay can, those that want it to revert can.

The IA thing is random and drives me nuts.

Example: Taking my kid to school.  She's not quite old enough to open the door on her own.  

So I pull into the parking spot and put it in Park.  

Key is in my pocket.  

I get out and close my door.  (vehicle is running)

I attempt to open the driver's rear door, it is locked.

I try again, no such luck.  Door remains locked.

After a random number of attempts, the door unlocks and I can open it.

or

It remains locked and I have to re-open my door and unlock all locks via the door button.

Please note, there are other days where doing the same exact steps and the rear door immediately unlocks.

I've now reverted to telling my kid to pull on the handle twice and so far that's worked.

To me, it's the IA not properly detecting the key.  I'm standing in the same spot each time.

#69 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:01 AM

I just tried opening the rear door, key fob in pocket, engine running, drivers door open.
Before I tried I was sitting in car motor running with doors locked.
Rear door opened I first pull.

Hence my insanity.  

Try it with the drivers door being closed before opening the rear door.

#70 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,132 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

So when the doors are all locked and you walk up and grab the rear door handle on the driver's side - does that unlock the vehicle every time?

#71 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

So when the doors are all locked and you walk up and grab the rear door handle on the driver's side - does that unlock the vehicle every time?

Yes.

#72 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,132 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Is it possible you're standing in a different position when getting out of the driver's door causing the fob to be too far away from the sensor sometimes?

#73 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

It might have something with the engine running and the rear door locked. Are there child protective locks in the rear?
When you exit the car with the motor running and close the front door does the horn blow?

Edited by oldtreker, 07 November 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#74 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

New Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 217 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

I just tested it and even with child lock setting on, you should be able to get out with the car running (key in pocket) and open the rear doors. You can hear them unlock. Sounds like a door sensor issue. I even tried "stickin' my butt out" haha just to see if a little more distance from my pocket with the key to the door made a difference, and it did not. Worked every time.

#75 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

I just tested it and even with child lock setting on, you should be able to get out with the car running (key in pocket) and open the rear doors. You can hear them unlock. Sounds like a door sensor issue. I even tried "stickin' my butt out" haha just to see if a little more distance from my pocket with the key to the door made a difference, and it did not. Worked every time.

I know - again, hence my insanity on the issue.

Some times it works exactly as described.  Other times, I can stand there and pull on the handle 10 times and it's locked.  It's completely inconsistent behavior which is my big pet peeve with IA.

#76 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

New Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

That would be very annoying especially since I'm sometimes getting my girls out of the backseat (they are still in booster seats). Although they are only in my Edge once every few weeks though since they ride mostly in my wife's mommy-mobile (2016 Mazda CX9).

#77 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Member
  • 1,531 posts
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

Possibly your touching both the lock and unlock surfaces at the same time (hence the no-unlock action).

Know I don't have one of those new-fangled door knobs, but I do know you have to be careful how you touch the handle.

#78 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

OK I tried it one more time open drivers door closed it walked towards the left rear door before I even touch the handle I could see the lights blink
Hold on handle the door open right up I was thinking maybe the batteries on your remote are week

#79 OFFLINE   Groundpounder

Groundpounder

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:08 PM

*weak

#80 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

New Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hold on just to be clear I was only doing this test with leaving my drivers side door open and then moving to unlock and open the rear door (otherwise if you try it with the door closed and engine running you get the always adored double honk).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users