Top likes/dislikes about 2016 Edge

mjonis

When you exit the car with the motor running and close the front door does the horn blow?

--> speaking of that…is there a way to disable the horn feature when exiting the car with the engine running and the key in my pocket? I hate it when I have to get out of the car for whatever reason and the horn blows!... :rant:

Claude.

--> speaking of that…is there a way to disable the horn feature when exiting the car with the engine running and the key in my pocket? I hate it when I have to get out of the car for whatever reason and the horn blows!... :rant:

Claude.

Yes, with Forscan or you can do the easy thing and just don't shut the door.

Only you can decide. Forscan-compatible usb-connection hardware is available at relatively low cost on ebay. Forscan is free at the current time. Google and read. Up to the point where you actually want to make a change you can't hurt anything. Just understand that some of the instructions are not super-handholdingly clear. If you can get through the opening sequence of Hitchhiker's (http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/3cbedqimquselmanehhzxg/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy ) you'll do fine...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've purchased 2016 Sport with 401A technology package, front and rear all weather floor mats, and panoramic vista roof.

Traded my 1998 F150 XLT 4x4, manual tarns, captain chairs, sliding rear window, privacy glass, and a few other items after 210k miles.

Ease of entry and exit

Seat comfort

Quietness

Power

Gas mileage

Interior styling

Vista roof

Sync 3 with navigation

Heated and cooled seats (these are great niceties as I get older)

Push button start

Reclining rear seats - the kids love it

Some gripes: Some of Ford's less stellar moments

Placement of the Lane-keeping switch on the turn signal stock

The design of the exterior door handles - I finally figured out not to use my apposable thumb as I tend to activate the lock while trying to unlock the door.

Removal of the climate control to the right of the speedo (I've rented some explorers and they have this feature - I find it easier to use there than looking over to the big screen

Not including a washer nozzles for the rear camera - there is one for the front but it the rear I have a harder time looking out the rear when getting out of tight parking spaces

Not having the steering wheel warmer switch on the home screen or a separate button on the dash

The lack of folding outside mirrors

The inability to close the Vista roof with a single push and let go button. The dealer tried to explain this was a safety feature that excuse fell apart when I used it in a 2016 F150 XLT that I was contemplating.

The lack of start-stop for this engine selection - again it works on the F150

The lack of a tow package with the 2.7 - Lincoln has it!

Lack of Global open and close with windows and Vista roof

Cup holder location - should have been on the side like the F150's or in front of the shifter. Being I had a manual before, old habits are hard to break

No USB power port in back

Extra 120v plug in cargo area

Someway to shut the interior lights so they don't turn on when you open the door

Someway to shut the annoying double honk when I get out of the car with the engine running -

Ford please stop trying to protect us from our selves, you have us sign our life away when we buy the car

Over sensitive side sensors - mine go off at a particular stop sign like clockwork

Ok real issues:

My driver seat slides around when I drive the car with some spirit - dealer told me the seat is just cushioned soft and it gives. However, I am confident it's not the cushion but the actual seat moving ever so slightly - anyone know the torque setting for the seat bolts?

Gas tank is too small, it seems that I am filling it every three days

I know there is a long list of gripes but I do really like this car and plan to keep it for a few years. Maybe someone fro Ford will see these issues and have the next car ready to my liking?

A lot of your 'issues' can be resolved with forscan. Double honk, global close/open, climate control on the instrument panel, heated steering wheel option (i know that there's something that forscan can do, but i don't have a heated steering wheel, so i can't say specifically). Also there's a button on my overhead console that allows the interior lights to stay off when the door is opened at night.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The F150 does not have the vista roof. It is considerably heavier than a normal moonroof and the normal pinch sensors used to detect an obstruction don't work so they don't allow auto-close.

You sure about that?

http://www.fordf150blog.com/2015-and-2016-ford-f-150-features/2016-ford-f-150-panoramic-sunroof/

And they do have auto-close on the vista roof, I have driven a few with it and wondered myself why my Edge doesn't have that feature.

Edited by 27Sport

You sure about that?

http://www.fordf150blog.com/2015-and-2016-ford-f-150-features/2016-ford-f-150-panoramic-sunroof/

And they do have auto-close on the vista roof, I have driven a few with it and wondered myself why my Edge doesn't have that feature.

The order guide calls that a twin panel moonroof, not a panoramic vista roof. It looks like a normal moonroof with a second glass panel. It's different.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I've had my 2016 Titanium Ecoboost for 6 months.

Ride, comfort, features, handling, 12 speaker stereo, power (even for the Ecoboost), looks, I actually get a lot of looks and compliments on how nice this car is.

Sync once you figure it out...lol.

Dislikes:

Blind spots front pillars do block some view when turning just need to be extra cautious. The horn thing if you get out of the car when running, going to look into that Forscan. Having to wash it, it takes a good long time to get this sucker cleaned, dried and waxed, but it will never see an automatic car wash!

It's not a perfect car but don't think I have ever seen a car with zero "issues" it's all a matter of your preference and what you can or cannot tolerate.

• Like 2

Having to wash it, it takes a good long time to get this sucker cleaned, dried and waxed, but it will never see an automatic car wash!

it's all a matter of your preference and what you can or cannot tolerate.

My 09 MKX gets a full detail every two years and a trip through the car wash every week. During the winter months she gets the deluxe wash, with under belly (road salt), rainx, tire shine and a good coat of Simoniz wax (which lasts a full week). Having her detailed is the secret. Looks showroom.
  • Like 1

Now that I've had my 2016 Titanium Ecoboost for 6 months.

... Having to wash it, it takes a good long time to get this sucker cleaned, dried and waxed, but it will never see an automatic car wash!...

Right! It's like washing an Elephant. Washing / Waxing that roof is a real thrill too. I use a step stool and have to remind myself not to lean over too far and send the stool crashing into the side of the vehicle.

Edited by Chipster
  • Like 1