2016 Edge Sport Fuel Economy

vwlfan

I'd start with checking here http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

If the 87 you are using is not from one of these retailers, start getting it from one that is. Then try 91 or 93 after a few tanks of better 87.

I never cared before I had a truck. Cheapo gas stations 87 grade would consistently give me 2-3 mpg less than 87 grade gas at a station that is top tier.

I'll give premium fuel a try hopefully a cents more at the pump could save a lot in the long run

The only reason I suggested premium is to eliminate the possibility of less than 87 octane. Normally it won't buy you more than 1 or 2 mpg at most - not enough to offset the added cost.

I'll give premium fuel a try hopefully a cents more at the pump could save a lot in the long run

Our engine is rated on premium so it may be worthwhile from a performance standpoint in your climate. Motortrend tested about a half second difference to 60 mph and the 1320 in the Edge Sport when on regular. If you have a Costco membership, they have excellent prices on top tier premium.