15/16 Edge Headlamp Switch with Front Fogs?

I am wondering if anyone has seen this switch in the foreign market Edge's at all? Trying to pull a part # for it. I did a couple hours of searching last night and didn't come up with anything solid.

I know others have played with and installed fogs but I am looking to make it totally OEM in appearance by using the proper headlamp switch and having the fog lamp indicator in the IPC functional.

Thanks

I thought of the same thing but was looking for a direct replacement. The edge is the only one that has a self contained bezel that houses the liftgate release that I know of. I actually have a 16 Explorer headlamp switch laying here and was going to test it anyway so no time like the present. I messed with trying to take the headlamp assembly apart but really don't feel like ruining anything. Got to the point where I need to take off the "ring" around the lamp logos but it doesn't want to seem to come off.

Sometimes sacrafices have to be made for progress, lol. I destroyed the Explorer switch but did so to figure out how things come apart. I transferred the guts to the Edge headlamp switch and now have it all back together and functioning. Now to order the bezels from the state side: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Ford-Edge-Signature-Style-LED-DRL-Lamps-p/70-803.htm

Just figuring out what fogs to put in them and then the wiring of them.

• Like 3

Sometimes sacrafices have to be made for progress, lol. I destroyed the Explorer switch but did so to figure out how things come apart. I transferred the guts to the Edge headlamp switch and now have it all back together and functioning. Now to order the bezels from the state side: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Ford-Edge-Signature-Style-LED-DRL-Lamps-p/70-803.htm

Just figuring out what fogs to put in them and then the wiring of them.

Please keep posting with your results of these lamps and install instructions. I think that'll help a few folks (maybe me included). Thanks again for posting your info/videos so far!

I thought the headlamp switch was going to be the main obstacle. I contacted the place with the bezel that I linked and there are no mounting tabs/brackets on it for a fog light to attach to. All it does is have a hole for the fog lamp. So trying to figure out what to do next with that issue.

I thought the headlamp switch was going to be the main obstacle. I contacted the place with the bezel that I linked and there are no mounting tabs/brackets on it for a fog light to attach to. All it does is have a hole for the fog lamp. So trying to figure out what to do next with that issue.

You referring to this?

"In order to install the fog lamp, additional brackets are required to properly mount the fog lamps"

Do they not sell said "additional brackets"? LOL

You referring to this?

"In order to install the fog lamp, additional brackets are required to properly mount the fog lamps"

Do they not sell said "additional brackets"? LOL

I called them on the phone to see what would be needed to mount them and you nailed it on the head...so why sell it, that's my question lol.

I called them on the phone to see what would be needed to mount them and you nailed it on the head...so why sell it, that's my question lol.

OMG, how dumb (IMO). That's a bit of a letdown since the other thread regarding the fogs, you'd have to cut and cob-job (IMO) the assembly so the lights would fit (tape, etc.)

How strange that the Chinese market/version has 'em and the US one doesn't. You'd almost think you could just order the chinese lamps/assembly with the brackets and they'd just fit, but guess the bumper or something is also different, so there's no spot to attach anything to.

• 3 months later...

I'm in Barcelona at the moment. I decided to stop by a Ford dealer to see what the euro-edges are like with regards to differences in features or styling.

I noticed that they have standard foglights front and back with the halo around the headlamps rather than down low on the bumper as my Canadian spec 2016 edge titanium.

Here's a pic of the headlight switch assembly that includes the front and rear fogs.

post-9614-0-85153800-1479661778_thumb.jpgpost-9614-0-05566900-1479662017_thumb.jpgpost-9614-0-75381900-1479661918_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...