Intercooler - Sport

Nick Halstead

I am definitely interested. Price is a factor but I'm not cheap nor unrealistic. It will be expensive, I just need to know how expensive. Or more specifically, I could probably scrounge the cash up to $1000 US for a kit. And that's based on having the cash in reserve for the turbo refurb if and when that happens. The IC is a huge benefit no doubt but there's a limit to my Edge budget as it's primarily the grocery getter, comes in at the bottom of the food chain under the supercharged meth burning Miata budget, the supercharged V8 Colorado budget, the RC45 budget and the SuperDukerR budget. God help me, it's clear I have a problem....

• Like 3

Do anyone know how a new intercooler would perform with an Lms tune?? Im in as well!

you will be able to achieve higher HP and substantially less heat soak than you have now. Please go back a little and read about the CP-e intercooler testing. saw a 36hp gain and dropped over 100 degrees off of boost temps.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the cold side charge pipe!!! Looking good!! We will have the prototype in our hands soon!!!

I am ready for the IC and cold side pipe now please :salute:. It is next for me B) :shift: . You are going about it correctly, :worship: :hat_tip: and I am sure when complete the system will be the gold standard for G2 Edge Sports for years to come :rockon:.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

I am ready for the IC and cold side pipe now please :salute:. It is next for me B) :shift: . You are going about it correctly, :worship: :hat_tip: and I am sure when complete the system will be the gold standard for G2 Edge Sports for years to come :rockon:.

Thank you very much Xtra!

I let him know. he wants to send us the proto first and we will test it for a little then It will be ready for full production.

• Like 1

Note: This is not a package deal from one source but a coordinated effort between SpecialK & myself working with a private fabricator & CPe.

Therefore once we're done with testing we'll provide findings along with the required purchasing Info.

Est 1 +/- months for IC outlet pipe & 1-3 months for IC.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

Update on the cold side charge pipe!!! Looking good!! We will have the prototype in our hands soon!!!

Shout out to ramfab performance for the help! You can follow him on Instagram if you want!

Guys this is the biggest perfect fitting cold inlet pipe that will fit our Sports, the pictures of the prototype are from my car, Special K will get the first, I hope to get the second.

• Like 5

Guys this is the biggest perfect fitting cold inlet pipe that will fit our Sports, the pictures of the prototype are from my car, Special K will get the first, I hope to get the second.

Thanks again for being willing to go out and test fit for us! It really help push the platform in the right direction!!!

• Like 3

As we're pacing back & forth waiting on CPe to call us in once their first batch of Fusion Sport ICs are mass produced so we can proceed with Edge Sport fitment we had to do something to silence those voices of apprehension... :banghead:

Therefore, we decided to take Pics & measurements in the same manner that we did in this topic string for the 2016 Edge Sport back on 10-12 Dec 2017 (page 5 of this string)......but.....wait for it......of the stock IC for the 2017 Fusion Sport... :happy feet:

Ref attached Pics of the stock IC.

If the stock measurements are close between the stock Edge (2016) & Fusion (2017) then the chances are very good that this should be a smooth fitment.....now compare the Pics & measurements of the stock IC for the 2016 Edge Sport posted 10-12 Dec 2017 and you tell us what you see http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-5 ..... :detective:

At this point, in conjunction with CPe, we're going to convert the Edge Sport intake charge pipes from the 2- n-1 to the dual charge pipe system that the Fusion Sport uses.

This along with our modified outlet charge pipe we should see significant increases in performance... :clapping::2thumbs::hat_tip:

Until the celebration party...Ciao Baby!!!

post-46284-0-67731200-1521313801_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-77538500-1521313813_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-71242700-1521313823_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-52035900-1521313841_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-38120600-1521313853_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-15597000-1521313871_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-69319400-1521313883_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-69559800-1521313897_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-14946300-1521313911_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-22931100-1521313926_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-20867300-1521313938_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 5

As we're pacing back & forth waiting on CPe to call us in once their first batch of Fusion Sport ICs are mass produced so we can proceed with Edge Sport fitment we had to do something to silence those voices of apprehension... :banghead:

Therefore, we decided to take Pics & measurements in the same manner that we did in this topic string for the 2016 Edge Sport back on 10-12 Dec 2017 (page 5 of this string)......but.....wait for it......of the stock IC for the 2017 Fusion Sport... :happy feet:

Ref attached Pics of the stock IC.

If the stock measurements are close between the stock Edge (2016) & Fusion (2017) then the chances are very good that this should be a smooth fitment.....now compare the Pics & measurements of the stock IC for the 2016 Edge Sport posted 10-12 Dec 2017 and you tell us what you see http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-5 ..... :detective:

At this point, in conjunction with CPe, we're going to convert the Edge Sport intake charge pipes from the 2- n-1 to the dual charge pipe system that the Fusion Sport uses.

This along with our modified outlet charge pipe we should see significant increases in performance... :clapping::2thumbs::hat_tip:

Until the celebration party...Ciao Baby!!!

Will the upgrade be all aluminum or will the end caps still be plastic?