Intercooler - Sport

Nick Halstead

Great info Special_K :thumbsup:. I know that it takes time and effort to produce feedback like this and more time to post it for the community . Your effort is mucho appreciated :salute: . Now Mikula where is the info on that Chinese CX Racing IC you like. And I am not talking about MSRP........ crickets. LOL

* Mikula, Just joking around no hard feelings :) .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

UP intercooler vs stock intercooler, all data done from 0-100 in like temps 19c vs 21c:

Line color:

Dark red flat: ambient temp

Dark Red: TIP KPA

Blue thin: Vehicle Speed

Blue Thick: Charge temp

UP intercooler:

max temp: 68c

tip pressure max is 256kpa

Stock intercooler:

max temp 68c

Tip pressure max is 210kpa

Comments:

As seen with the logs the stock intercooler heats up with in 8 seconds of going WOT and sustains 68c from 55mph to 100mph, which pulls timing and is extremely hot. Boost pressure varies greatly from 170kpa to a peak of 210kpa (redline) due to restrictive manner of the intercooler and extremely high temperature. recovery is slow.

Aftermarket intercooler takes a while to reach 68c and finally reaches it at the end of the log which is over 100mph. Boost pressure is consistent and is roughly 20% higher. recovery is extremely fast.

Final thoughts: UP Intercooler is well worth the money.

should upload the logs to https://datazap.me/

Great info Special_K :thumbsup:. I know that it takes time and effort to produce feedback like this and more time to post it for the community . Your effort is mucho appreciated :salute: . Now Mikula where is the info on that Chinese CX Racing IC you like. And I am not talking about MSRP........ crickets. LOL

* Mikula, Just joking around no hard feelings :) .

GT500 Has the logs for stock vs CXRacing intercooler. It's on one of his threads here. You can bet my cheap ass isn't buying either one until i see some 1/4 mile results from them.

My favorite is when people run tests on a dyno, and claim "oh it added 20hp".

It added 20hp with the hood open and fans blowing directly into it. not really surprising. Real world tests are where the benefit vs cost can be better evaluated. Of course, then you have to take into account the surface you're on, and a boat load of weather conditions at the time.

I'm more of a researcher than most consumers. Generally people read something online and take it as gospel. It can confuse some of the people that don't take the time to read the fine print, then wonder why they didn't gain 0.7 seconds in the quarter mile when installing an IC or other upgrades.

I'm just here to help with finding facts, not opinions. apparently, that is under appreciated around here.

GT500 Has the logs for stock vs CXRacing intercooler. It's on one of his threads here. You can bet my cheap ass isn't buying either one until i see some 1/4 mile results from them.

It added 20hp with the hood open and fans blowing directly into it. not really surprising. Real world tests are where the benefit vs cost can be better evaluated. Of course, then you have to take into account the surface you're on, and a boat load of weather conditions at the time.

I'm more of a researcher than most consumers. Generally people read something online and take it as gospel. It can confuse some of the people that don't take the time to read the fine print, then wonder why they didn't gain 0.7 seconds in the quarter mile when installing an IC or other upgrades.

I'm just here to help with finding facts, not opinions. apparently, that is under appreciated around here.

We haven't claimed any hp gains, just cold hard data numbers and graphs. Dyno should be Monday if we can get our revisions with unleashed complete. Our next test and tune is coming up in 2 weeks I think. We will of course post our results when we get back from both occasions.

We are all here to find facts and we have facts now for this particular thread. Until a product is installed and tested it's nothing but hypotheticals and opinions. But as soon as I was able to put together cold hard facts I did and posted it asap.

Your overall intentions are welcomed Mikula,what's not appreciated is the attitude/brash/tactless way you go about it. And the little digs at me are getting quiet old also.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 3

As I explained privately, this is completely unnecessary. All you needed to say is that dyno numbers are one thing but that may not translate to track performance due to other variables and that you’ll wait for track tests to decide if it’s effective or not. Lose the attitude or find another forum.

• Like 3

I suggest that there are so many uncontrolled variables in a drag strip run that drawing conclusions about engine power from 1/4 mile times is a fools game. Input air temperature is easily measured and subject to only ambient air temp as a variable. A significant reduction in IAT will certainly result in significant benefit including more pressure from the turbos, more timing advance and more power. Incremental improvements for a well-balanced, utility vehicle that provides me with a few grins now and then. This is not a vehicle I bring to the strip or track.

Edited by KLinNBC
  • Like 4

If U do your due diligence by reading from the beginning of this thread all of your questions will B answered & our efforts will not have been N vain...LOL

My adblocker was blocking half the pages for some reason. I turned it off and bam I see all the details on page 9. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

For those of you anxiously awaiting raw data as a result for the install of the Ultimate Performance IC & the Rambo IC Outlet Pipe along with custom Tune refinement on 93 octane the following applies... :hat_tip:

While we're waiting for SpecialK & I to locate an accurate Dyno within reasonable driving distance and schedule track time we'll periodically post Pics of the onboard tune computer/monitor at specific speeds & temperatures.

Note: We still intend to provide the Dyno & track time data analysis in typical SpecialK fashion once we have it, however be patient it's going to be a while... :drop:

As the weather warms we'll do our best to provide incremental updates.

Pic specifics:

Date: 05/22/2018

Conditions: Highway cruise to work with overcast

Time: 0730

Temp 60 degrees

Speed: Sustained 15 min at 70

Comments: No clue why the Forums App turns the Pic sideways

Date: 05/23/2018

Conditions: Highway cruise from work with clear skies

Time: 1700

Temp 70 degrees

Speed: 70 mph sustained 15 min

Date: 05/26/2018

Conditions: Highway cruise, clear skies

Time: 1430

Temp 80 degrees

Date: 06/01/2018

Conditions: Highway cruise, clear skies

Time: 1615

Temp 90 degrees

post-46284-0-65099200-1526993375_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-62668700-1527130300_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-08341900-1527364671_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-66960300-1527962552_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

For those of you anxiously awaiting raw data as a result for the install of the Ultimate Performance IC & the Rambo IC Outlet Pipe along with custom Tune refinement on 93 octane the following applies... :hat_tip:

While we're waiting for SpecialK & I to locate an accurate Dyno within reasonable driving distance and schedule track time we'll periodically post Pics of the onboard tune computer/monitor at specific speeds & temperatures.

Note: We still intend to provide the Dyno & track time data analysis in typical SpecialK fashion once we have it, however be patient it's going to be a while... :drop:

As the weather warms we'll do our best to provide incremental updates.

Pic specifics:

Date: 05/22/2018

Conditions: Highway cruise to work with overcast

Time: 0730

Temp 65 degrees

Speed: Sustained 15 min at 70

Comments: No clue why the Forums App turned the Pic sideways

when charge air temps are lower than intake temps....that's a good day right there

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

On a 93 Octane Tune (Unleashed), with the Ultimate Perf IC & Rambo Outlet/Cold pipe at 70-75 mph in 65-85 degree weather we're seeing 28-31 mpg during highway cruising

Note: all of our MODs are listed under SpecialK's thread: The Ultimate 2.7 TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24317-the-ultimate-27tt-aftermarket-parts-thread/

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

On a 93 Octane Tune (Unleashed), with the Ultimate Perf IC & Rambo Outlet/Cold pipe at 70-75 mph in 65-85 degree weather we're seeing 28-31 mpg during highway cruising

Note: all of our MODs are listed under SpecialK's thread: The Ultimate 2.7 TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24317-the-ultimate-27tt-aftermarket-parts-thread/

i

My 29.4 was a average for a trip of 177 miles mostly highway but also backroads from NJ to PA. Last week on a 1030 mile trip from FL to NJ averaged 28.9 mpg. Could have been better if I didn’t hit traffic going through DC. I never check cruising instant mpg. On one leg from FL went 440 miles averaging 29.2 mpg with 3 gallon left in the tank that’s a realistic 500 miles on one tank of fuel.

• Like 3

i

My 29.4 was a average for a trip of 177 miles mostly highway but also backroads from NJ to PA. Last week on a 1030 mile trip from FL to NJ averaged 28.9 mpg. Could have been better if I didn’t hit traffic going through DC. I never check cruising instant mpg. On one leg from FL went 440 miles averaging 29.2 mpg with 3 gallon left in the tank that’s a realistic 500 miles on one tank of fuel.

What is you average speed when travailing? My guess under 70mph.

My last Florida trip we got 23mpg averaging 82mph, better than my F150 when I would get 16mpg LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

J.R. Granatelli told me he trashed on my car hard with the dyno and was looking to see when it gets heat soaked . He tried but the car only lost 10hp thanks to the big new IC . He was very impressed with it and told me so.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3