0-60 | Quarter Mile | Stock | Tuned Edge Sport Thread

GT500R

Ran it tonight at little river in temple, tx. messed up both times so i really don't know what kind of times i can actually run.

93 agressive tune

k&n filter

22 miles to (E)

34psi front and rear tires

left my traction control on, because i'm an idiot.

13.56 @ 99.93

2.06 60ft

second run was better, lowered the tire pressure some.

30psi front 32psi rear

traction control was off, but i was in drive mode, not sport mode. not sure how much i would have gained from it but:

13.39 @ 101.65

next trip will be on the 100 octane tune with no seats or spare tire

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

chris is that a custom intercooler or something we can buy and modify to fit?

It is a direct drop in actually - no modifications required or pieces to cut. The core is 5% bigger and is bar and plate, all aluminum. The cooling aspect is decent (~15*F drop in temps vs stock intercooler) but obviously if you get a bigger core, the gains are better but you need to do some cutting and is almost double the price for what I paid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@GT500r Its not double the price....its 850.... and the drop was about 35 from the aftermarket one that Bishop is using.... forget the company. I'll ask when I get home.

recovery was also a lot quicker from WOT pulls, and noticeably more timing up top.

$850 plus shipping (assume $50) is double what I paid.

We have a 2016 Edge Sport AWD with:

- K&N air filter

- 170 T-Stat

- H&R Springs

- Strut tower CB

- RMM (CPe)

- Modified IC grill & AGS

- Custom e30 tune by Unleashed

Ran: 12.94 at 106 mph

DA of -670

4680 lbs (included diver)

0 wheel spin or hop on average brand rubber set at 37 psi

Track: 14 Oct 2017 @ Maryland International Raceway

Thnx goes out to Special K... :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim

We have a 2016 Edge Sport AWD with:

- K&N air filter

- 170 T-Stat

- H&R Springs

- Strut tower CB

- RMM (CPe)

- Modified IC grill & AGS

- Custom e30 tune by Unleashed

Ran: 12.94 at 106 mph

D/A of 1893

4680 lbs (included diver)

0 wheel spin or hop on garbage brand rubber set at 37 psi

Thnx goes out to Special K... :hat_tip:

SO I know there is no slip... but what track and day was this 12.9 run achieved? 60’?

I have a couple less mods but similar time.

@GT500R first my bad man I thought you said 550.00 for the intercooler

Next: It was at an event called street racing made safe at Maryland International Raceway, on October 28th and records show temp was around 49 degrees, 30.12 "Hg, Dewpoint 44, and elevation of 80.....well damn.... I did the wrong math :doh: my bad guys..... DA was -670....that makes more sense. Sorry everyone.

Second, all stats of run are unknown except speed and time. we had a spectator tell us our times.

@NoDTMF - Snmjim is AWD and all we did was left foot brake, held around 2200 and just let off the break when the light turned green.

Hi,

As I'm still learning, I have a question: snmjim's run with a DA of 1893 is quite a high DA? I have been do some runs in San Jose area where my D/A was around -1000.

Also how to get no wheel spin....are you getting positive boost at launch?

It is high to run that time, which is why I questioned the date and track. The spin part is easy when you have springs and RMM, those help with grip and not hop when off the line.

@GT500R first my bad man I thought you said 550.00 for the intercooler

Next: It was at an event called street racing made safe at Maryland International Raceway, on October 28th and records show temp was around 49 degrees, 30.12 "Hg, Dewpoint 44, and elevation of 80.....well damn.... I did the wrong math :doh: my bad guys..... DA was -670....that makes more sense. Sorry everyone.

Second, all stats of run are unknown except speed and time. we had a spectator tell us our times.

@NoDTMF - Snmjim is AWD and all we did was left foot brake, held around 2200 and just let off the break when the light turned green.

No worries, I may have mis typed the 450 with 550.

And thanks for the verification on the DA, I was wondering how it was a lot higher DA then my run but produced the same times.

Also, sorry for not quoting, work computer freeks out when I try to do it.

We are hopeful for mid to low 12's with a few other mods we have in the works. but since its cold out most of our work has come to a full stop.

No problem, did you guys just remove the AGS?

I had mine coded out in the tune so they are open 100% of the time.

No problem, did you guys just remove the AGS?

I had mine coded out in the tune so they are open 100% of the time.

This is what we did to the:

IC Grill: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23105-intercooler-grill-ags-2016-sport/

IC AGS: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23105-intercooler-grill-ags-2016-sport/page-2

Edited by snmjim

Thanks.

I had the grille CNC Machined so it took out the closed honeycombs on the right side, looks very factory and opens it up quite a bit.

I also just had the AGS open 100% from the tune, no need to worry about it in the future throwing a soft code.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I had the grille CNC Machined so it took out the closed honeycombs on the right side, looks very factory and opens it up quite a bit.

I also just had the AGS open 100% from the tune, no need to worry about it in the future throwing a soft code.

Can U please provide the contact Info 4 having the grill CNCd?

• Like 1

When I launch at 2000 rpm with traction control off, I get will spin. 2017 sport with AWD. I have the 21" wheels and stock tires. I am using 32 psi.

@GT500R did you tell Torrie open the AGS or did you do it?

Torrie opened the AGS through the tune.

Can U please provide the contact Info 4 having the grill CNCd?

sadams.cds@gmail.com

http://www.cdsplastics.com/index.html

• Like 1