Help modding my 2010 3.5

zillafreak

I am looking to awaking the demon in the 3.5

I been looking at the cheap CAI on ebay, but I am wondering if anyone has ever made their own intake that is a true CAI and runs down behind the bumper. I have been looking and can't find anything out there already or anyone that has made one. Any tips?

Next, I want to delete the rear mufflers. Seen this done already, but looks like I have to bend the pipes myself as I can't find any kit or pipes out there. Is this true? I doubt this will do anything other than shed some weight and make it a growl better.

Finally, I am wanting a turner. Looks like SCT is the way to go. I see every say to run premo fuel with it, Do they make a 87 tune for it? I really just want it to help with the transmission shifting.

Before all this, need to do a tune up on the car. Just checked one of the plugs, it looks bad. Does everyone run motorcraft plugs in their edge? I normally run NGK in my previous vehicles, but they were not fords. Is the motorcraft platinums good or should I get better

There's one person I know of that has a pipe running down to the fog light for colder air. A screen is of course mandatory because of the far greater potential for debris interested in trashing your engine.

Nobody's had hiflow downpipes made yet, that would release some power also. Then you could create a true dual catback (like the 2011+ sport?) to complete the intake/exhaust upgrade. AWD probably would make that more difficult tho.

A tuner will get get you some more power/torque, but the main advantage I think will be in the change in availability, and in transmission shifting logic.

The exhaust is for sounds mainly and weight reduction. I want to do something like this.

pipe_zpsl7epyhhf.png

I doubt it would do any performance. In the future, might make a custom catback, but not right now.

The intake is so colder air and to clean up the engine bay. The stock intake take too much room up. My old maxima had a setup like this. It pulled air from behind the bumper in the wheel well. Never had an issue with anything.

Here is the filter it had when I bought it, the blue one is the one I put on there. Bigger = better

20150516_172554_zpsvkgjenzn.jpg

There's one person I know of that has a pipe running down to the fog light for colder air. A screen is of course mandatory because of the far greater potential for debris interested in trashing your engine.

Nobody's had hiflow downpipes made yet, that would release some power also. Then you could create a true dual catback (like the 2011+ sport?) to complete the intake/exhaust upgrade. AWD probably would make that more difficult tho.

A tuner will get get you some more power/torque, but the main advantage I think will be in the change in availability, and in transmission shifting logic.

Do you have any links or pictures of this? It would definitely pull colder air down there, plus wrapping the pipe with some wrap, would help keep it colder.

I know this is going to be hard to swallow, but unless you're getting a tuner, the factory box is your best bet with your factory tune. I have a 2010 like you and have been thru all the intake variables. I am very pleased with my SCT X4 tuner. Save your money on that other crap and just drop a K&N into your factory box, yank out the little lower snorkel, and install the 91-octane tune. Good luck