Park Place Lexus - Plano, TX

Great experience with this dealership. Saw an '11 Limited AWD in Tuxedo Black on CarGurus last week. Did the obligatory fill in the blanks notify dealer email and David Gilmour at the dealership got back to me the same day. Went in to test drive it on Tuesday and bought it the same day. It was stickered at $18,999 with 65k miles. Immaculate condition. All service docs. We agreed upon $17,900 and I bought. I am very happy. We have dealt with this dealership before when my wife leased LS400 then a LS430 Lexus and they really are quite nice. Very reputable. Was in and out in about 2.5 hours including test drive. Very happy with the car and the purchase experience.

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is a first! Park Place Lexus called me on Monday and said they would like to alter the terms of my sales contract. I thought "Uh oh, here we go - sleazy sales tactics....) However, their finance manager said that they thought that rates might do down so before they closed on the original terms with the lender, they re-negotiated the original loan submission. My rate actually went down .5% and I will save about $1000.00 over the life of the loan. I checked EVERYTHING meticulously before I signed the amended contract and everything is the same except for Loan Rate (down .5%), Total Amortized Payments (down about $1000.00) and payment (down about $15/mo.) I asked why they would be willing to do this and they stated that they are a Premium Level Dealer and want to maintain a premium customer experience. And considering I have purchased/leased 2 Lexus's from them (a LS400 and a LS430) and now the Edge, they wanted to make sure I would be back as a return customer. I will be. Getting a lower rate AFTER the fact is a first for me!

• Like 2