Ford Recall

KayDorman

Widely discussed here in this forum (common problem). Do a search and you will find several posts discussing how to fix. Basically several have found that spraying electrical contact cleaner on the switch and/or working the lever will fix the sticking problem. If you take it to Ford, the fix is to replace the switch.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Thank you for the suggestions of how to fix problem. I will research further. Between paying for health insurance ($1000 a month),mortgage,taxes,kids college... there is nothing left anymore. Gone are raises and bonuses with this weak economy. And the local Ford dealer service thinks I should pay to have this problem fixed and hope that Ford will eventually include my vehicle in recall and I would be reimbursed. I would laugh if it weren't such pathetic times for us little working people.

To the person who asked "what recall?" Please check internet for Ford 2 million car recall!

To the person who asked "what recall?" Please check internet for Ford 2 million car recall!

Please check the details. The recalls are not for any Edge vehicles and they have to do with the door latch breaking, not a faulty sensor.

It covers

• 2013-2015 Ford C-MAX
  • 2013-2015 Ford Escape
  • 2012-2015 Ford Focus
  • 2015 Lincoln MKC
  • 2015 Ford Mustang
  • 2014-2016 Ford Transit Connect

An earlier recall included Fusions, MKZs and maybe some other vehicles. Not the same problem and not the same vehicle.

From my first post I said the latest recall does NOT include the Edge model akirby! My hope is to hear how other Edge owners are dealing with same known problems and if there is a possible connection to recalled door latches.The door latch recall keeps growing to include more and more cars. I'm just exploring any possible connection to my vehicle's issues.

There is no connection to the broken door latches. The Edge has never had a broken door latch problem like the other vehicles. That's why it's not included in the recalls (yet). Have you tried the DIY fixes that have already been posted? If you have it fixed and save your receipts and Ford later decides to issue a recall you will be reimbursed for the expense.