broken intake manifold bolt

aroo1986

Hello all.. In need of some info here I have a 2012 Ford edge 3.5L and this past weekend wanted to put some new plugs in the vehicle. So I get everything taken off and when I'm loosening the bolts around the intake manifold I notice a Bolt is lose that I haven't even touched... So I try and tighten it up to see if it will thread in and nothing. It just spins and spins at that point I was hesitant to take the manifold completely off since I've had no issues at all previously. So my question is what can I do for a broken Bolt assuming I can get it out are these sold individually through dealer? Secondly Ive put about 60,000 miles on the car and haven't had any problems so what are the risks I'm looking at as this is my daily driver. And my only vehicle? Any info would be greatly appreciated..

The bolts are purchasable individually. Probably broken or the thread is stripped. Hopefully it's just broken, then you can take off the intake and retrieve the bottom half with a pliers or similar tool. You may need to PB Blaster it after covering up the intake ports to get it to come out.

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2012-ford-edge/intake-manifold.html?Filter=(30393)

Which bolt in particular is the issue, can you identify it in a pic?