Information Screen went blank ?

2008explorer

I just went to go out and the Screen was blank, shut down, waited then restarted, screen was still blank. I backed out of the driveway and the back up camera turned on fine, but it stayed on when I went forward and didn't shut off. I pulled back in and shut down. I waited a couple of minutes went out, restarted and everything was back to normal ?? This was kind of scary for a moment. Was this just a glitch or a warning of things to come. I had 800 trouble free miles till now.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen once. I notice that Sync had updated maybe that was part of the update you just happened to start the car when it was rebooting maybe? Has not happened since then. Funny mine happened about when I had 500 miles on it. Now have about 900.

We will see.

I have rented Edges for the past 5 years. The Sync always has something. I took a 2013 up to Washington and after I refueled the gauges for gas/mileage etc all didn't come on. Scared me for a minute but stopped the car. Then got a message that Sync was updating restarted the car and everything was back to normal.

Have a feeling the blank screen has something to do with getting updates or Sync checking for updates.

Mine hasn't gone blank but on two occasions the back up camera wouldn't display on the screen when put in to reverse. Restarting the car didn't help but if I waiting 15-20 mins and then restarted everything seemed fine again. Perhaps a loose connection? Not sure but I don't know that I want the dealer to start ripping apart things to only make something else stop working. Obviously if it happens more frequently I will have to bring it in.