No key detected.

mc62412

So the last week or so when I go to start the car it keeps saying no key detected. It won't start until I press lock or unlock on on the key fob first. So far it's only been first start of the day. Then when I get to where I'm going after that initial start when I turn the truck off it says restart now or key needed.

I have an appointment next week to take a look at it. I have a feeling I need to buy a new key fob. Which I'm sure is a hefty price. Anyone else seen or have had this issue?

Changing the battery did nothing for this problem. Just drilopped it off for them to check it out. They gave me a rental so they are going to have it for a while. In the meantime from changing the battery up to today when u dropped it off I now can't even get in the car via this smart entry or what ever they call it. ( where just touching the handle will unlock the doors for you ) so that stopped working too. I'll keep you posted though. I'm anxious to get it back.