Add remote start 2015 Edge

sent you a PM kiki21.

are you in Canada and have an Edge that was made in China? Your location shows Montreal.

No, I'am in China and have a Ford Edge made in China. The main reason I regisrated as in Canada Montreal just because there is no any option of China, and I had been in there.

BTW, would you please attached a photo of gateway module here, since I have checked on my car, there is gateway module A but when I remove the cover of the steering colum, I find the socket of this module (whose part number is G1GT-14F642-AA) is different from what I saw in the video. therefore I don't know it could work or not!

• 3 months later...

I have to keep an eye on these threads. I take possession tomorrow of my 2014 Edge SEL with power lift gate. I doesn't have a remote start on the key. Plus they only had one key, so I ordered 2 blank keys with the 5 button remote. I'll have to start seeing if I have a hood button. There was one identical on the dealers lot minus nav and it had remote start. Window stickers were identical down to the color and package 205a. They lost the other key and this one may be a replacement as it is. I guess I'll still have to have the dealer program the keys but I need a spare key. Any tips on which direction to go or what I should look for to see what I have already?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely can enable remote start with Forscan, i've done it with my 2015 SEL. Remote start is now enabled, and options can be controlled via the IPC. All I need to do is find a key, and see if it works without adding the antenna :)

how did you enable it? Is the option in forscan to turn it on or off? If not, what settings need changed?

• 3 weeks later...

With Forscan in the following order:

In the BCM change (leave the Xs or ...s alone)

726-19-01: 0148 XXXX XXXX -Enabled

0047 XXXX XXXX -Disabled

In the IPC Module change to either

720-01-03: C8F3 XXXX XXXX - base model

Or F823 .... .... climate seats only

Or FC27 .... .... climate seat & heated

steering wheel

This is per an Explorer 2011-2015 spreadsheet that I've used and apoears to be confirmed by Exploder82

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have purchased a 5 button remote, successfully programmed it to the car, and enabled remote start with forscan.  The key will work to start the car, but only if the key is laying in the programming slot in the center console.  It will not start the car if it is out of there and also none of the buttons on the remote work.  The FOB battery is good and if I try to remote start the car I get a blinking red light indicating that the FOB couldn’t communicate with the car.  I have heard that I need a different antenna since the 5 button remotes operate on a different frequency, but also saw that ford sells several different keyless entry transceivers for the car(different frequencies).  However, my boss told me that when he bought the car new there was another lady who was buying the same car and wanted remote start.  He said that right in front of her, the dealer plugged their computer in and enabled remote start and gave her 2 new 5 button remotes.  Trying to figure out where to go from here.  The car is a 2017 Edge SEL.

• 3 months later...

Left: FCC: M3N-A2C93142300, PN: 164-R8163  Freq: 315

Right: FCC: M3N-A2C931426, PN: 164-R8182  Freq: 902

I have the same story as Guest Joed, except I purchased a 4 button remote as pictured.  I just noticed the frequencies and realize that I am out of luck going this route.  I guess I have to buy the add on module?

fobs.jpg