LMS or Unleashed Tune? - Which is better?

commbubba19

I'm loving LMS can't comment on which is better. There is someone on here who has had Unleashed first and then switched to LMS and hasn't gone back.

He actually started with LMS and switched to Unleashed but since Torrie put a halt on revisions for the Edge he switched back till Torrie gets back to it.

LMS is faster right now

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like those are the two options available. I've seen a lot of folks run the LMS tune. Unleashed uses the SCT tuner with their tune.

Anyone have experience with either/both?

Yes, I have experience both. As mentioned above, the Unleashed tune has been on a halt for about 4 months now to myself (maybe some select people have gotten it, but I keep trying to get the latest and have been told to wait).

LMS is the fastest at this point, and drive ability is excellent.

There are positives and negatives with each one, and plan on doing a full review once I can get a good baseline tune from Torrie @ unleashed.

I just made the switch from LMS 93 Performance to the 93 Aggressive, definitely a noticeable difference.

Are you fwd or awd and what did you notice most? LMS has always had a good reputation for drivability, but I have used custom dyno tunes most of my life after 2 bad experiences with canned tunes from different tuners.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you live in the Dallas, TX area I'd recommend getting the SCT X4 tuner and go see Adam (adamtuned.myshopify.com) after 1 April (when he opens his new shop) and do a live tune with him, he does magic with these ecoboost engines, especially with his E30 tunes!

I'm running the LMS 93 aggressive tune now on E30 (we only have 91 here) but I'm making the trip to Dallas when he opens because he made my Fiesta ST a beast on E30...

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah SSi, let's see what that tune was like for my Edge....

1. Paddle shifters didn't work

2. Throttle response was on crack, you got 50% or 100% and no in between

3. Shifting was an utter mess where the program shifted into 6 th gear as fast as it could then you had to go like 50% throttle to stop, cluster f***

4. Part throttle KR (this is due to boost being set to come on as soon as possible... Like 15 psi by 1900 rpm... No Bueno)

5. Was slower at the track then the out of the box LMS tune by a couple tenths....

Worst purchase ever. But if you are looking for a cheap tune with a tuner who will make fun of you publicly for downplaying him, his tunes, or running a bad time at a track, be my guest.

• Like 6