I wouldn't buy any bulb from a supplier (even on Amazon) who thinks that a single bulb can be used for both 7440 (T20 base) and 3156 (T25 base). Not only does the 3156 have a wider base, it's also more than twice as thick. So if the bulb is made with a small enough base to fit a 7440 (T20) socket then it will be very loose in a 3156 (T25) socket.

In most cases you will need to install resistors with LED bulbs. Some bulbs will work without but it's hit-or-miss and just because they are advertised as "error free" doesn't mean they won't hyper-flash. Some of the higher output LED bulbs won't hyper-flash in some vehicles but I've seen cases where the same bulb will produce different results in two vehicles of the same make and model. Installation of resistors is quite simple - each resistor has a wire on each end and comes with a pair of ScotchLock type crimp-on connectors... one wire goes to the positive for the turn signal and the other goes to ground.

• Like 1

I picked these one up. https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Brightest/dp/B00PGRGSH6

They work great. The nice thing about them is they have a black body which doesn't reflect amber in your housing when they aren't on guving the headlights a more clear look. I didn't use a resistor, I used forscan and disabled the front light bulb out indicator.