Apple iOS apps and Sync

When browsing the app store on my iPhone I only see Ford Remote Access and MyFordMobile. Though some of the remote access features would be nice, it requires a annual fee. I registered with MyFordMobile but when I enter the VIN, it says its invalid. This app seems geared more towards Hybrid owners.

Are there any apps that link my phone with Sync 3 beyond the basic BT functionality? I'm not one for wanting to plug my phone in every time I drive it.

Also - in the Sync 3 menu it refers to applications that can be loaded. But there are none and no apps listed to be installed. Seriously what is the purpose of all this? I'm pretty technical but there doesn't seem to be much concise information out there.

Hi commbubba19,

You're correct. MyFord Mobile is only for electric/hybrid vehicles. You're able to use AppLink with your iPhone; however, Apple requires the phone to be connected via Bluetooth and USB: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/applink/how-to-use-mobile-apps-with-sync-3-and-applink.html

Also, the only apps that will be available are the compatible apps. You can find a link to the catalog in step 5 of the link above. By the end of the year, we are releasing an update that will include CarPlay which gives your more options as well: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/apple-carplay/sync-3-plus-apple-carplay-support.html/

Hope this helps!

Shaay

• Like 1