"New" 2013 Edge Limited in Kodiak Brown Metallic

Mustangjayyyme

Hello there,

Just recently picked myself up a 2013 Ford Edge Limited in Kodiak Brown Metallic.

I previously owned a 2009 Ford Escape Limited. Due to many issues with that car (i.e. capless fuel turned check engine light on, steering issues, high mileage 150k+, ect.) I decided to go look for a new one. Even with the issues, I still LOVED that car, so Ford was my go to car. I initially wanted to wait to pay off Escape first, but I was in dire need. I also had wanted to get a new Ford Explorer Sport, well because they are gorgeous. I had a friend at the Ford dealership help me get myself into this. I have to say, I initially saw it and said no since it said I4. I do not do 4-cylinders typically. But luckily, this had the ecoboost so that made me feel a lot better. And after driving it, I was impressed. I also loved the brown interior it had. I also thought it was black, but it is a beautiful Kodiak Brown Metallic. It is a pain in the butt to keep clean I have to say that. I am used to my silver Escape. I have the Panoramic Vista roof and I love that...minus a few things I've had issue with so far. Thought I"d post and share as I just joined and such. For one, There are rubber boots on the sunroof that are supposed to slide with it when it opens...if it opens fully automatically, one gets stuck and hangs down into the car...if that makes sense. I can share photo if need be. Now I cannot seem to locate replacement part for this on Ford website...every part in the diagram is not that. Also, driver door makes a weird slight clanking noise when driving at high speeds. Sounds like maybe a cable in the door. Not sure though yet. Maybe someone with similar issues can assist. Also, anybody get rid of these terrible chrome clad wheels? For one I hate chrome, then I realized these were even real chrome...so time to get rid of them! But as with my previous car, I changed the wheels and had a ton of steering issues. So I am afraid to do so on this thing, any suggestions for wheels would be nice. I do not want any issues with this car. I might just leave them be, so I won't have to worry about it. My other wheels and tires that fit them were so pricey and they wore down so fast. And for some odd reason in the middle. I never filled them. The tire place did. So that was odd.

Anyways, long story short, glad I joined! Hope to see you all around :)

7Md0aMf.jpg

post-43779-0-80246600-1477524619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mustangjayyyme

Welcome to the forum. Nice color don't see many of the Brown ones out there. That color might look pretty nice with the grill blacked out and black rims.

Not real sure about the other problems but as far as the wheels go.

I have seen people plastidip them (not too much into that look) others vinyl wrap them. Only issue for me is when you have to replace the tires.

You could always get a good set of rims/tires then sell the ones you have, to make up the cost.