Mice in 2007 Ford Edge car

I have a 2007 Ford Edge and have an issue with mice getting into vehicle. We believe they are accessing somewhere through air system, few years ago had nest on air cabin filter. Cannot figure out where they are accessing car from the outside? Anyone have this issue or suggestions where to look?

:( Well there are drains under both sides of the vehicle and there is the evaporator drain that ends near the catalytic converters. Then you have the fresh air intake from in front of the windshield, and the exhaust flaps behind the rear bumper. Since these pests can squeeze their bodies in through tiny spaces, check thoroughly.

• Like 1

It's coming in the cowl area if it made a nest at the cabin air filter. Pull the wipers/arms and the plastic cowl cover. At that point you should see evidence of them. Inspect the cowl cover for warpage, incorrect installation or missing fasteners.

Edit: I'd put down traps to keep them out. They will ruin the value of the vehicle once they stink it up to high hell by crapping and pissing in your air ducts.

Edited by IWRBB
  • Like 2

I removed the cowl and looked for fresh air intake there, could only find two holes on bottom of each side, drivers and passenger. These holes consisted of an oblong opening and round opening, installed 1/4 steel mesh over them. These holes did not seem to lead anywhere internal though. These is a gap around edges of cowl that are normal, no covers for them.

Always have installed mouse traps in car, rather have dead mice than live ones ruining car.

Will keep looking

I own a Ford Edge now because my 2001 Focus ZX3 engine unexpectedly died. After inspection, a mice or squirrel made a nest in the air filter area, and might have gotten into the engine and died in there! (at least with a camera they saw debris of nuts, peanuts and excrement).

Don't underestimate them!

• Like 1

Did a little further digging and found this access point that seems to be missing a gasket cover? There is evidence of seeds here and it looks like there was most likely the entry and there seems to be a indentation around it where a cover would fit into, anyone know what this would be called? I assume at one time there was mechanical work completed and the cover was never put back on.

IMG_0779.JPG

It does look like she may have had some AC work done and they forgot to reinstall a gasket. I'd usually just jam some steel wool in there to keep the critters out but that line probably sweats in the summer. Maybe pickup some peel-n-seal from a roofing supply store and have at it.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-Seal-Instant-Waterproof-Repairs-6-in-x-25-ft-Aluminum-Roll-Flashing/1018733

Back in my old car audio days, I used this stuff for poor mans sound deadening.

Edited by fishx65
  • Like 1