Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2016 SEL Winter Wheels

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lildisco

lildisco

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 264 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

***WITH INTELLIGENT ASSIST IGNITION SYSTEM (NO ACTUAL KEY CONTAINED IN KEY FOB):
1. With vehicle off, press and release the brake pedal.
2. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
3. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
4. Press and release the brake pedal, then turn vehicle off.
5. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
6. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE.
8. Starting at LF tire, decrease air pressure until horn chirps. Repeat procedure for remaining tires in the following order: RF, RR, and LR. If equipped with banded sensors, place antenne of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized. Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
9. After successfully programming the LR tire, the msessage center should display TRAINING COMPLETE
10. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.

I can confirm that this procedure works with Ford OEM trigger tool, 8c2z 1a203-a (TPMS19). I'll have to wait for winter to come to try this on the winter wheels.
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   lildisco

lildisco

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 264 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

I can confirm that the above process DOES NOT work with my Winter Wheels (OEM Wheels & Tires, Aftermarket TPMS from Discount Tire).

I swapped over to the winter wheels last night & I could get into the program portion listed above, but the 1st TPMS (LF) would not trigger.  I got into FORScan & saw that there's a TPMS Procedure & tried that & it still didn't work.  I did a reset of the Body Control Module (The same area that the TPMS Procedure is located) & took it for a drive.  Within 10-15 minutes of driving, the new TPMS were learned.  I then tried the TPMS Procedure in FORScan & it DID NOT work again.  I then turned the car off for the night.  Woke up & checked it this morning & the TPMS were learned this morning.

Really weird that my trigger tool worked with my OEM wheels & TPMS, but not the after market ones.  Either way, this was MUCH easier this year, than last year.

Edited by lildisco, 05 December 2017 - 03:50 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users