(2015 edge) Morimoto HID kit: Do we have h11a or h11b bulbs, and do we need the canbus harness?

So if you go to the retrofit source directly and find the h11 kit, it states that there is an A and a B version of the bulb. Does anyone know which one we have? I'm not near the vehicle for about a week, so I can't check.

Also do I need the canbus harness or their standard relay harness? I don't want a bulb out light, and I'd like to use their harness as it's great and receiving the stress off of the stock harness and applying it to their relays etc

Also should I go 50w or their 35w? I don't know if additional heat would damage the projector

Thanks guys

Edited by Mroneeyedboh

55W would be fine in the projectors, since halogens are 55W anyway. But you have to be ultra sure you aim the headlights for the HIDs, likely lower than for the halogens, to avoid the risk of blinding oncoming traffic. 35W is normally sufficient, but 55W is apparently required if you live in an area with long dark stretches of road.

As to the difference between A & B, it is not a difference in bulb but the type of base, this is how the site explains it:

h11avsh11b_1_2.jpg

• Like 1

Well the hids produce more heat, thus being in a projector would hold that heat. And when I said a difference in bulb, I mean it's an h11 but the bulb is different in terms of the base, not the glass. Has anyone pulled one and looked?

So from looking at hid planet more, the hids do end up burning halogen projectors. The heat and UV l from them degrades the reflector bowl. So 35w or h11 to h9 swap would be the best bet...

Edited by Mroneeyedboh
  • Like 1