Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Intermittent remote start

remote start problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

My remote start seldom works. I go thru the standard procedure and nothing happens. I do get the red LED on the fob but nothing else
Checked the dash display and it's set to work for 10 minutes.
Mine is a 2016 2.0. 5K miles
Google shows older owners have this problem also.
Thanks

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jmr061

jmr061

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

If you currently have this problem disconnect the battery for 15 seconds and reconnect.  This will likely solve it however if this a reoccurring issue then it will probably happen again.

You don't have anything hooked up to the diagnostic port do you or access the vehicle programming via the diagnostic port?

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#3 OFFLINE   oldtreker

oldtreker

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

thanks I was trying to avoid the battery disconnect, don't want to reset everything.

#4 OFFLINE   jmr061

jmr061

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

thanks I was trying to avoid the battery disconnect, don't want to reset everything.

What do you believe it resets?

#5 OFFLINE   jmr061

jmr061

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

What do you believe it resets?

#6 ONLINE   chefduane

chefduane

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 402 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

Actually, that would be good knowledge to have.  What exactly DOES a battery disconn reset?  I would assume all radio presets and settings (fade, balance...) and also any destinations/routes saved in Navigation, also probably climate settings?  Anything else?

#7 ONLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,502 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

Actually, that would be good knowledge to have.  What exactly DOES a battery disconn reset?  I would assume all radio presets and settings (fade, balance...) and also any destinations/routes saved in Navigation, also probably climate settings?  Anything else?

Radio presets & its settings don't reset, also destinations/routes saved in Navigation should not. Climate settings? what settings? you only have the last setting and it will reset to default set temp but you just change normally.

Anything else? The left display settings in the instrument cluster will reset some settings like the "menu memory will revert to default with no memory, enhanced trip computer will revert to the simple setting and the vertical tach display will revert to not being shown. Also the miles to empty might change to be based on a set default mileage instead of your actual average for the past few hundred miles.

The engine idle & transmission shift calibrations will also reset, but they adapt quickly after driving.

Actually it is a good thing to do, disconnecting the battery every once in while to reset the car's electronics. Just like you PC or smartphone.

Edited by omar302, 22 November 2016 - 10:50 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users