World record 1/4 drag racing run (quickest and fastest) - tuned by Livernois

The quickest and fastest recorded 1/4 mile drag racing in the country, #1 and #2 cars. Tuned by Livernois.

Atco, NJ race track, DA around -1400.

#1 and #2 fastest runs in the country, side by side

Blasting a Countach 5000

Blasting a 6.4l Charger R/T Scat Pack and losing by 2 tenths, but if you look carefully, my best run beats him by 2 hundredths

Blasting an older Vette who needed a driver mod

If you know of someone running faster times than posted, please do let me know. My claim is based on DragTimes posted results.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Edge-Drag-Racing.html

• Like 5

To be honest, I would wager that we will not see a lot of upgrades for these Edge Sports. Despite the fact that Ford reported a 10+% Sport take rate, look at how dead this forum and subforum are. The enthusiasm is just not there. That would mean that for the first two model years, there should be at least 25000 2.7 Ecoboost Sports. I know they are out there because I see a minimum of 2-3 per day on the interstate. People more than likely bought these to have a nice SUV that can hold it's own and not to buy a car for the sole purpose of kicking other peoples' asses on the streets. I believe anything we will see will be parts that we share with the Fusion Sport and nothing specifically specialized for us. The same would probably be true with the Explorer Sport and Platinum which comes with that sweet 3.5 Ecoboost that during this summer, had an average rate of turnover of 2 days once it hit the dealer lot. These are vehicles that have a totally different purpose from a Mustang GT or BMW X5 M or whatever AMG SUV Mercedez has.

• Like 1

Breaking that mindset has been a challenge. The 3.5s have proven to.have quite a bit of headroom, not sure about this new generation yet. At least there are some gofast parts for the 3.5, thanks to pioneering efforts by small businesses, and by LME in particular. I am not sure the Focus would have had as many options were it not for the existing massive ricer market.

While I am all for sleeper status, I also feel we have been waiting long enough for a world class Edge. Ford has finally given us the foundation, and we should take advantage of it. It takes a year or longer to get major custom parts such as coilovers made, but it is a lot easier to get bolton engine mods in place, be they hotpipes, downpipes, what have you.

Ford doesnt really acknowledge anything but the F150 and the Mustang, their bread and butter. Doesn't mean we shouldn't show up to the party.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

The quickest and fastest recorded 1/4 mile drag racing in the country, #1 and #2 cars. Tuned by Livernois.

Atco, NJ race track, DA around -1400.

#1 and #2 fastest runs in the country, side by side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bcEYvVBikU

Blasting a Countach 5000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq0sA4MqdQ0

Blasting a 6.4l Charger R/T Scat Pack and losing by 2 tenths, but if you look carefully, my best run beats him by 2 hundredths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohA5etjtNII

Blasting an older Vette who needed a driver mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS0RGLyn00s

If you know of someone running faster times than posted, please do let me know. My claim is based on DragTimes posted results.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Edge-Drag-Racing.html

Other than tuning what has been done to your Edge?

While I am all for sleeper status, I also feel we have been waiting long enough for a world class Edge. Ford has finally given us the foundation, and we should take advantage of it. It takes a year or longer to get major custom parts such as coilovers made, but it is a lot easier to get bolt-on engine mods in place, be they hotpipes, downpipes, what have you.

Ford doesn't really acknowledge anything but the F150 and the Mustang, their bread and butter. Doesn't mean we shouldn't show up to the party.

Definitely a difference having come from the Subaru world where you could get any type of aftermarket part you wanted, from a dozen different manufacturers, from the entire budget range. Every new model year that came out it was a mad dash by suppliers to be first to market with the goods :)

I would love to see Ford push this platform a bit more to the enthusiast crowd. Plenty of folks like me who grew up with their turbo hatchbacks and now have more money to spend and family to haul around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure his only mods are the 93 aggressive tune, k&n drop in and lighter wheels.

that's accurate. Also, narrower tires to save weight at 245/45/20 x4. I did remove the spare tire/kit - good for another 60lb.

And the record run was made on a mix of 93 and 103.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just purchased a pre-owned 2015 Sport, very low miles, and I love it. Replaced an Audi Q7 for this one, and I couldn't be happier.

Just wondering if the Livernois tune kit is the best in the market right now, and if it is worth the power gains.

Glad to here,

Cheers!!

Just purchased a pre-owned 2015 Sport, very low miles, and I love it. Replaced an Audi Q7 for this one, and I couldn't be happier.

Just wondering if the Livernois tune kit is the best in the market right now, and if it is worth the power gains.

Glad to here,

Cheers!!

The LMS tune is the Sh*t? over 111hp and 117tq. For $700 that is super cheap performance....and trust me when I say...it takes the edge to a whole other level. We are talking Jeep srt8 fast. Even smoked a cbr 600rr.

• Like 1

Glad to here,

Cheers!!

If you want something you can just install and not have to tweak or log in order to get maximized performance then stick with Livernois. If you want something where you are adding additional modifications to your SUV to make it faster or want to squeeze every single bit of hp out, then look for Unleashed Tuning. Both are good and will give you a good bump in hp.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you want something you can just install and not have to tweak or log in order to get maximized performance then stick with Livernois. If you want something where you are adding additional modifications to your SUV to make it faster or want to squeeze every single bit of hp out, then look for Unleashed Tuning. Both are good and will give you a good bump in hp.

post-45225-0-50574000-1490888297_thumb.png

13.27 @ 103 = 375 Horsepower!!!post-45225-0-50574000-1490888297_thumb.png

Edited by STB130

• 11 months later...

3 gallons of 93 mixed with 5 gallons of 103 ($72).

But clearly no one on this forum wants to go fast *crickets*

lol if you only knew...... xtra, GT500R, WWWPerf and few others will kick in that this will be considered slow for this platform soon.

Congrats btw, enjoy being on the top while you are ;-)

Signed your friendly competition,

Special K & SnmJim

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 1