2016 Edge Puddle light LED mod

haedgy

Just modified the stock puddle lights with a brighter/whiter LED light.

Didn't do a video or before after since I didn't know how it would go but happy with the result.

I kept hearing people saying you have to cut the lense off with a hacksaw or blade but you really don't have to.

I simply took goof off and dripped it around the housing where it meets the lens then let it sit for 5 minutes. I then ran an utility knife around the outside then applied the goof off again then let it sit another 5 minutes. After that I was able to pry the cover off using the utility knife once you get a point where the cover lifts off you can work the whole cover off with little to no mess! Thanks to a post on another forum and a few other posts/recommendations here.

I pulled the Festoon light out then installed the LED's (see photo) into the light. The LED's I have didn't snap in as they were a little big but once I got them in and were working I applied a little superglue to the tips so the light would stay in place. Finally I epoxied the cover back on. Obviously when I need them replaced I will have to get new ones but this works for now. I may just get the daytime brightlites brand later anyway. (Maybe for Christmas who knows) just figured I would try this to see how it worked out.

Once the epoxy set up I reinstalled them in the mirrors and was good to go! The whole job took a little over a hour but most of the time was the waiting for things to loosen up or dry. Plus I did each light one at a time rather then both at the same time.

Here are a few pics. They look brighter than in the pics, and really lit up the garage. The lights are via ebay...here's the link if you are interested. EBAY FESTOON

Puddle-02

Puddle-LED

Puddle-1

Edited by haedgy
  • Like 2