Sync3 freezing 2016 edge sport

Have anyone experienced that the screen is freezing up when they hang up the phone while using hands free ? (bluetooth)

It is freezing up the buttons on the steering wheel as well as voice commands.

I am desperate to hear about owners with same issues because multiple dealerships in my area says its nothing wrong with it,.

They diagnose it through the OBD2 port which as far as I know, is controlling the ECU( engine control unit ) and not the APIM which is

controlling the infotainment system. Feedback anyone PLEAAAASE !!!

Have anyone experienced that the screen is freezing up when they hang up the phone while using hands free ? (bluetooth)

It is freezing up the buttons on the steering wheel as well as voice commands.

I am desperate to hear about owners with same issues because multiple dealerships in my area says its nothing wrong with it,.

They diagnose it through the OBD2 port which as far as I know, is controlling the ECU( engine control unit ) and not the APIM which is

controlling the infotainment system. Feedback anyone PLEAAAASE !!!

Hi RocketDog,

I suggest trying a system reset: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_10_2015.pdf The instructions are on page 113.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

• 1 month later...

My week old 2017 with Sync 3 while listening to music on a flash drive froze, the music was skipping like a scratched record and nothing worked. Then the system rebooted on its own about a minute later and every thing was back to normal.

I had these things happen in my 2013 with my ford touch. I was hoping those issues were in the past.

I really hope this is not going to be an issue. I can deal with things breaking, but the unable to duplicate gets to me

Thanks

Thank you, that was the first time that happened. I'll try the reset and see if it happens again. It was just discouraging with just 100 miles on the vehicle. I had lots of issues on my 1013 Titaninam Escape with My Ford Touch and was hoping those days were in the past.

I'll keep you posted

Lenny

1004 years of development should help ;)
  • Like 1