Front Grille emblem decal

joshgfeller

Hello,

This morning as I came out to go to work I noticed my front grille emblem "decal sticker" had folded up and came off which is kind of pathetic by Ford but besides the point... The emblem badge is still in place and countersunk in the grille. The "sticker" part has just came off. Do you think instead of paying lots of $$ for an entire new badge and figuring out how to put it back on I could just buy a new 9 inch Ford Decal from somewhere and stick it back on?

None of them are stickers. It's probably the cheap ass paint or plastic they used for the blue lifting off the cheap chromed plastic base.

Ford cheapened all of their emblems in the mid 2000's. Anything from about 2005 and up that sits outside will generally have a ruined blue oval in less than 10 years. My 2000 F150 front oval still looked brand new 15 years later. By brother's 2011 F150 oval is peeling.

I can walk through the junkyard, and row after row of 1990s Ford products still have perfect Ford ovals on them. Too bad most are too small to re-use on any of the newer cars, given all of their gigantic everythingy-ness.

I really think they cheapened them as an underhanded way to make more money selling parts. New blue ovals are NOT cheap. They know a lot of people can't stand to look at it and will buy a $40 replacement. If you can get 10,000 a year sold and make $33 on each one, bam- $330,000 profit per year. A million in profit every three years. Plus Ford was able to use a cheap crappy part to start with instead of something good, so millions more in profit before the replacements are even sold!

Instead of playing their game and buying a POS $40 part that will soon fail again, I spent $10 on a vinyl sticker from Ebay. So far, so good- been on there over a year. It's black too, instead of blue. Goes good with the custom black grille I did.

Edited by IWRBB
  • Like 1

None of them are stickers. It's probably the cheap ass paint or plastic they used for the blue lifting off the cheap chromed plastic base.

Ford cheapened all of their emblems in the mid 2000's. Anything from about 2005 and up that sits outside will generally have a ruined blue oval in less than 10 years. My 2000 F150 front oval still looked brand new 15 years later. By brother's 2011 F150 oval is peeling.

I can walk through the junkyard, and row after row of 1990s Ford products still have perfect Ford ovals on them. Too bad most are too small to re-use on any of the newer cars, given all of their gigantic everythingy-ness.

I really think they cheapened them as an underhanded way to make more money selling parts. New blue ovals are NOT cheap. They know a lot of people can't stand to look at it and will buy a $40 replacement. If you can get 10,000 a year sold and make $33 on each one, bam- $330,000 profit per year. A million in profit every three years. Plus Ford was able to use a cheap crappy part to start with instead of something good, so millions more in profit before the replacements are even sold!

Instead of playing their game and buying a POS $40 part that will soon fail again, I spent $10 on a vinyl sticker from Ebay. So far, so good- been on there over a year. It's black too, instead of blue. Goes good with the custom black grille I did.

New 15up Edge and current f150 are designed way better and are actually 2 pieces

I guess when they are so crappy that they don't even make it out of the 3 year warranty period, and they become warranty claims- then they have to make them better. I'm sure they figure out a way to make them cheaper again. Kinda of sad how bad they've been given that it is "The Blue Oval" and represents the company brand.

Edited by IWRBB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I stuck a "Transformer" vinyl sticker over my front Ford logo on my 2015 Edge Titanium. Got a 3-sticker set off Ebay but for a F150. The rear logo on the F150 is the same size as the front, but on the Edge it's smaller. The front logo and steering wheel logo fit perfectly. I also painted the silver part of the grille flat black. I like the look better. I really love driving the Edge!

• 6 years later...