2016 Edge Titanium - Frustrated with interior noise

Well, have had my Edge 5 months and have had more interior vibration noise and rattles than my last 5 Honda's in the last 20 years ... seriously !

- rear seat vibration, took it to the dealer , seat removed foam tape installed between one of the seat mounts and the chassis... fixed

- console vibration in hot weather, back to the dealer , console removed , loose rivet glued, fixed

- roof liner noise in cold weather above the B-pillar where the opening for the moon roof is.,back to the dealer , liner removed, they said there was two pieces of metal making a loose connection, fixed... but noise continues. The noise goes away when you push up on the roof liner at the moon roof , in line with B- pillar. I bought 1 inch square strips is air conditioner foam at Home Depot. Used a putty knife to wedge it in between the liner and the moon roof inner liner rail.... fixed

I hope this is it,,, or there will be an Edge for sale !

Edited by FordCyp

Ford has a bad habit of upping their quality in some years and letting it slide in others. I've driven all years of Edges and MKX's and really think that the 2011-2014 models have the best build quality by a decent margin. Most vehicles will start to develop some rattles after 3-4 years but getting them in the first 2 is a little ridiculous. Sometimes getting all McGyver, like you did, is better then letting a dealership mess with it!!!!

For what it is worth, mine has been "noise free from delivery until today". It might be the luck of the draw, but I had a bad feeling about that moon roof from jump street. I guess I just felt that cutting a hole in a perfectly good roof and slipping in a large piece of sliding glass was just asking for trouble. Based on your and other's comments, it is.

• Like 1

IF it makes you feel any better, the Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe vista roofs also making noises due to the heating/cooling contraction/expansion of the various parts. Although I've not seen any reports from Kia/Hyundai forums about loose sheet metal, etc. like on the Ford. Nor have I seen any issues with the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport vista roofs getting stuck (2016 Kia Sorento, yes, but not on the Santa Fe Sport).