Auto adapt Cruise control burning smell

jimt1122

I used the cruise control on my 2011 ford edge limited and it automatically keeps me at the same speed as the car in front of me, the car in front of me slowed quickly and mine did also and after doing so a warning light went off on my dash and there was a burning smell coming from the car .....Help

Yes it was definitely electrical, I'm bringing back to the dealership where I bought it. Just bought it a month ago and it's gone back 3 times already. Once for the door ajar switch than a 2amp draw from the park switch killing the battery now this. It has 65000 miles on it and i got it for 17000 out the door. I've always liked the style of the edge and wanted one sense they've been out, finally bought one and it's been ugly since. The only good thing is I bought a 5yr bumper to bumper warranty with it which I don't normally do with used cars but after researching the edge I thought it might be a good idea. I will post the findings of any problems resolved as to help anyone else with issues. I still think it's a great car!!

Thanks for the advice....It seem to happen right after i used the cruise control. With the adaptive cruise control my car (the edge) it will adjust speed with the car in front of it. When the smell occurred it was right after the car had just slowed from 45 to 20mph by itself, than wham a light came on in the dash that said adpt cruise control not available and the smell occurred. Once the car was stoped and restarted the cruise goes on but any time it's used the smell occurs so it's going back to the shop today.