Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone using some sort of "blower" to dry their Edge?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   FalcoPilot

FalcoPilot

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

I too use a high velocity Toro leaf blower just to knock off the excess water.  The blower is especially good for getting water out of tight spots like the side mirrors, door handles, etc.  I finish up with microfiber towels since the blower is not 100% effective as Chipster points out.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Sport17

Sport17

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 29 posts
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

I actually used to use a leaf blower on the inside - gets all the nooks and crannies clean..  Followed up by a quick vacuuming.

Edit:  This is odd - this (and my next post) started as one post.  Not sure how it split into two posts.

Edited by Sport17, 17 July 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   Sport17

Sport17

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 29 posts
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

I used a Vandermolen 850BTx for years on my Jeeps - but only for the interior..  I guess I wasn't so concerned with the exterior but I found it did an absolutely AMAZING job on the interior.  I had to do some back and forth (blowing from each side to the other and repeat) but it worked effing wonders - getting various crap out of the little nooks and crannies Jeeps are notorious for.  I would still use it, if I still had it - by far the best interior clean I could achieve.  I would use it on the outside as well with my Edge, if I still had it - I think it would do a great job but I'd still finish with a cloth or chamois.  I guess my point is - try it on the interior as well! 

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#24 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 113 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

I use an air compressor with a rubber tipped air gun nozzle to blow all the water out of the body panel seams, behind the mirrors, etc.  That way when I drive away, the trapped water doesn't run out all over the body leaving spots.  This also works great on the interior to get everything out of the seams and joints of the dash and console before vacuuming.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users