2011 Edge Sport here

Barneyrubble

Hey everyone, just introducing myself. I've had Sheryl about a week now. A big upgrade from my '88 Ranger. I haven't done anything to her yet. Still researching what the best route is to take. I plan on doing some simple cosmetics, however the nav chip is an A-4 and I've already had issues with it being inaccurate and slow. Other than that I'm still just amazed at how well this thing drives. All the bells and whistles certainty don't hurt either. I hope to get some insight on possible engine mods. Still have yet to get my feet wet in the forum's though so I'm not even sure what has and hasn't been covered yet. Anyway, blow away with the vehicle and can't wait to have some real fun with it.post-44681-0-50711000-1483257377_thumb.jpg

post-44681-0-82191500-1483257435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barneyrubble

Welcome & congrats, barneyrubble, am seeing the Redheads emerge this winter, which is GREAT to see :) Your Edge has the 3.7L engine, the biggest update is going to tune it. As far as physical mods go, a different throttle body is available (not cheap), that would require a tune to be most effective. A catback exhaust can be installed, as well as dropin air filter or a CAI. No downpipes available yet. Super Six Motorsports may have ported intake manifolds if you want to go a little deeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks? It's been hard not to haha but honestly the car is a great cruiser. I already blew the stock subwoofer, can't say I'm upset I get to put a better one in though. And yes, those mats are my next purchase, even before the speaker replacement lol. With my job I have to protect that carpet.

Edited by Barneyrubble

I must say, while I have tested and enjoyed the performance of the audio system before ? when the woofer did bust, I had it at a low volume as my dog was with me. I was thoroughly confused but hey, I'm the third owner and maybe the last one was worse than me. I'm interested in a complete upgrade at this point. I have a 500w amp from my ranger I'd like to see about fitting it. Gotta do some research on that. I have the 10" shallow mount too, but I don't want to put it in. Maybe one day I'll get a wild hair and engineer a stealth box. The thing I dislike most is the fact that Microsoft got its hands on the UI and it definitely shows. Maybe my software is out of date, it skips songs all the time.

**Update: not sure what happened but the day I thought my woofer blew I took the power from it. Today I started messing with it to ensure it was broken. It's fine. I shall wait until it goes to replace.

Edited by Barneyrubble