A couple of good deals - Cargo Mat and Tranny Fluid Mercon V

Simply sharing two good deals I think I got for my 2009 Edge with 190,000+ miles on it.

#1 I wanted a cargo mat because I have been treating it more like a truck the last few years. I used to store a tarp in it and take it out each time I was hauling dirty greasy things. I did some research and the local Pep Boys auto parts store in my area (Michigan) was selling the WeatherTech universal fit mat for $49.99 with a 30% off coupon so $34.99 (Amazon currently has it for $53.24). I took my time and trimmed it up and it has a nice fit and will prevent the gases and greases from getting to the fabric.

#2 Mercon V transmission fluid. We all practice different variations for maintaining our Edges. I have owned mine since 2010 and each year I simply drain the transmission fluid using the plug and fill it back up. It is actually easier for me to do then an oil change (thank you Ford for putting a drain plug on my year Edge’s transmission and locating right at the front of the engine - no ramps). It takes 5.5 quarts when I do this. Autozone currently has Castrol Mercon V (which mine calls for, not LV) on sale for a $1 off. It’s $5.19 a quart vs $6.19. The total for 6 quarts was $33.01 out the door with tax. Note, the power steering fluid calls for Mercon V as well so I turkey baster it dry and refill with the remaining ½ quart.

Again, simply sharing to possibly help others if they are in the market for either of these items.

Edited by evh
  • Like 1